Cutting weigh 😭

Options
2»

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    As someone who used to cut weight to make it into a lower weight class for powerlifting, what you're looking at is not entirely unreasonable. I personally used to cut approx 7-8% of my bodyweight in the span of a week (well, the actual cut itself was within about 2 days; the days leading up to that were the superhydration phase etc) and then would be at or slightly above my starting weight on the morning of the meet. I have friends who would cut as much as 10% bodyweight. It can be done safely and reliably but if you haven't done it before it can be tricky and pretty easy to wreck yourself if your timing is off.

I believe it's EliteFTS that put out a really great ebook on cutting weight specifically for competition; you may want to look into that (if you can't find it, hit me up and I'll see if I can't get you a link or something to it). In the meantime though, definitely better to do a slow, controlled cut of actual bodyfat so you're at a better starting point when the time comes.

Just my $0.02.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    What are you planning to actually fight at, once the weigh in is done and you get a feed?