Getting discouraged on this journey alone.

Options
emhomrich
emhomrich Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Seriously, most days I feel like my dogs are the only ones that are my support and lets be real, they have NO idea what's going on! lol. I am curently a total of 157 pounds down, 88 since July when I had the gastric sleeve done. On this journey I gave up all my addictions. Not only do I eat less than my 7 pound chihuahua, but no caffeine, no soda, no cigarettes, no more treats/sugars, very little carbs, no more bread, pasta, rice,etc.

I feel alone....

I have two teenagers, my 13 year old seems to hate that I have made this decision to become healthy, but she was my biggest reason to do this. In an effort to be an example for her, and help her on her journey, but instead she's angry that I am now "smaller" than her. My 16 year old son could care less, because I am not on the ps4.

I come from a family of heavy people, all big eaters and not healthy eaters. My mother speaks through food, and seems to look at me like I'm foreign and will not accept the fact I'm no longer a 4x. My father has always seen your worth in your waste, so he's proud but I never see him. Most my friends are heavy and no longer interested in being friends or speaking because they don't feel good about themselves. I was always "the fat one" and now, I feel like I lost my identity if that makes sense...

I am here to break that cycle but it becomes a very lonely journey. So I am seeking support, friends, those who are on the same journey as myself.

Replies

• steph_is_happy
    steph_is_happy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I’m Stephanie. Let’s journey together. I also have children and can relate to a lot of what you’re saying!
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You are not alone my dogs are my company most days my partner works 12 hours and my kids are at school I have 47lbs to lose and I feel like I'm failing into the same traps as before being over restrictive and trying to rush due to a number on the scale.