Keto

Options
edjmacd3581
edjmacd3581 Posts: 2 Member
Hey everyone! I straight up can’t figure out how to adjust my calories and macros appropriately which leads me to continuously be “failing” goals in one way or another. I’m 5’2 and 187

Replies

• edjmacd3581
    edjmacd3581 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Meaning I’m unsure exactly what my macros should be other than trying to stay under 20 net carbs. I’m confused to say the least!
  • jonathanccox
    jonathanccox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For myself it's a 5%, 80%, 15% split in terms of macros. That is the commonly suggested macros for a sustainable keto lifestyle I seem to have found. You can always adjust slightly to find what makes you feel the best.

The calorie intake is dependant on the weight loss/gain you want to achieve. I have my activity level set to "Not very active" and negative calorie adjustment turned on as my smart watch will update calorie allowance throughout the day.

This can all be set within the "Goals" menu. Good luck on your keto journey! :)
  • donalowen
    donalowen Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi,

It can be confusing, so if it helps, I do KETO and 16/8 intermittent fasting.

I fast from 8pm at night until 12noon the following day and eat all my calories in the 8 hour window from noon to 8pm.

I aim to limit myself to 1852 calories and my Macros are
    5% = 23g carbs,
    70% = 144g fat and
    25% = 116g protein

You can use the following site to set up your macros, and then enter the results on MFP.

https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy