Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Documentaries

Hey guys I find these are a great way for me to stay motivated in the evenings when I'm craving snacks...reccomendations on any good documentaries to watch??

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited February 2019
    I found "A User's Guide to Cheating Death" to be really good for health information. Those can be really biased and downright nonsensical/dangerous, but that one was pretty good.

Is there a particular type of documentary you are looking for? There are so many types.

If you like food and travel: Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown was interesting.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Autopsies of the Rich and Famous.
    11pm on the Discovery channel.
  • asiaholifield981
    asiaholifield981 Posts: 25 Member
    found "A User's Guide to Cheating Death" to be really good for health information. Those can be really biased and downright nonsensical/dangerous, but that one was pretty good.

Is there a particular type of documentary you are looking for? There are so many types.

If you like food and travel: Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown was interesting.

I quite like the doco's that talk amount the horrendous consiquences it has on the body
  • asiaholifield981
    I really like them,but hey there not for everyone
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,531 Member
    Anything with the name Louis Theroux attached to it is worth a watch.
    He's been making them for years and he approaches all sorts of different subjects.
    Also, he may be the world's most affable, likeable man.
  • asiaholifield981
    I love love love him he just has a way with people and exposing the truth on dark subjects.......๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Great taste in doco's
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Ken Burnsโ€™ documentaries are all good.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Abducted in Plain Sight - prepare for your mind to be blown. Holy *kitten*.
  • asiaholifield981
    Yes I have seen this!!!pretty crazy doco I still don't know who's worse the mum or the dad ๐Ÿ˜…
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Either the Hulu or Netflix documentary on the Frye Festival are good for some "wow" entertainment.
  • asiaholifield981
    Saw fyre festival that blew my mind so deffs going to watch your other recommendation thanks ๐Ÿ˜
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,640 Member
    I like forensic files or any murder documentary like making a murderer. To avoid snacking I sip peppermint tea and color while watching tv
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Won't You Be My Neighbor just hit Canadian Netflix. I enjoyed it.
  • lemonwater1
    lemonwater1 Posts: 72 Member
    Bringing sexy back on Netflix!