Weight trends and Weighing every day

Options
I’ve noticed on a few post people talking about weight trends. Would anyone be able to explain what exactly this is? It’s probably what it says on the tin but I’m a little confused!
From what I’ve read people weigh themselves daily and use an app like Happy scales to log it?
I always though weighing yourself every day. What’s the reason behind doing it daily?
Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thank you @tinkerbellang83! Most helpful
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and use Happy Scale. I can handle the slight twinge of disappointment when the scale goes up instead of down in the morning, but I think I’d have a lot of trouble handling the disappointment after one week of doing everything right and waiting to weigh in. But there’s every bit as big of a chance for it to go up instead of down on some weeks NOT because I’m gaining fat but because of other factors (menstrual cycle, sodium, exercise patterns, etc).
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have gone from weekly weighing to daily with a trending app to what I do now, which is weigh at irregular intervals and not using a trending app....

The trending app actually had a negative effect on my attitude. It allowed me to see when I would reach goal weight based on my progress to date and it bothered me to see how long it would take to get to goal.....

I give that prediction as much weight as MFP's "you'd weigh _____ in five weeks" prediction. It's just a straight numbers prediction.