Losing 100lbs to save my life

Options
Hi! My name is Dahnica. Mom of 3 wild kids. I am 30 year old.
When i was younger, prior to children i was so skinny. I was 5'8 and 115lbs. Not fit whatsoever, just extremely skinny. Which was so odd for me seeing how my mom and sister and the rest of the women in my family were all very heavy people. I got pregnant with my first child and gained a little, no big deal. But never tried to lose it. My Husband and I relocated to another province and my husband was away lots for work. In a new place with no friends or family, i just snacked and gained. We decided to try for a baby, and the weight kept piling. By the time i got pregnant with my 3rd baby in 2014 i was up to 220lbs. I was a master at hiding my backfat with bras and undershirts. By august 2018 i was 254lbs. I couldnt wear sweaters in the winter or drink hot drinks without pouring sweat. I was always sweating from the excess weight. But still, i was lazy and had no motivation. Until August 31 when my middle son was crying because i would play with him at the park. That was a turning point, I got to the point where i couldnt play or run or have fun with my kids for more than 5 minutes without dying of breath loss. Something had to give. I decided i needed to change, for my kids and for myself. I started at the gym , but with child care issues (my husband works alot and im a SAHM.. and back to the no friends or family in this province) i had to start working out at home, I cut my portions, cut out Soda and sweets, no special shakes or pills. Just good old fashion will power (which wasnt always easy) But it is now February 2019 and i am down 60lbs. I still have 40lbs to go but i feel amazing. I can run and dance with my kids and be present in their little lives. The difference i feel is like nothing i have ever felt. who knew you could feel so healthy and good! I am so excited to continue this journey and hopefully gain some friends with similar goals along the way!

TO anyone with similar goals, you can do it! Its never easy to start, but its worth it in the end!

Replies

• jamiesbrown82
    jamiesbrown82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Way to go! My story is similar as a teenager had lots of friends and was 85 pounds at 5’2” got married lost my friends became less active and had my second child in 2016 at 34 years old and got lost-partum heart failure that affecting my work as a registered nurse and my activity with my kids. So at 224 pounds in December of 2018 average about 4 pounds a day water weight when not taking my water pill. I started weight watchers last week 1/29/19 and joined MyFitnessPal app today. Can’t do the gym thing due to when I am off my husband works and no child care. Have family near but they want help with kids at all. So looking into a home treadmill. But it’s sad when you can’t go play in the park my son is 2 almost 3 now and it’s hard to keep up with him without getting out of breath! So I am looking to loss 110 pounds for myself and my kids. Breaking bad eating habits and excercise habits is hard.