Measuring Teaspoons and Tablespoons

Options
Im currently using those teaspoon and tablespoon things to measure my peanut butter, mayo, jelly and etc.

is there are better method on measuring those types of foods or should that be enough?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Food scale.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Those are high calorie condiments. I also say using a food scale is the best. Put the jar of PB on the scale, tare it and scoop out the amount you want. Lick the spoon too!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Oh, definitely a scale for high calorie foods like those.

My PB consumption has gone way down since I learned how much 2 T of PB really is :(
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    For PB, olive oil, sesame oil, I weigh the container before and after. Mayo, I set the spoon on the scale, stir in the mayo and weigh it after.

PS: I have found that low priced food scales (like mine) do not weigh negative weights as accurately as should be. Hence, tare-ing the scale and removing weight and reading the negative value sometimes does not work. Of course, if you have a Mettler XS16000, you can weigh it anyway you want.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I weigh it on the scale. 20g peanut butter is way LESS than a tablesppon measure. especially if using those cake ones for dry goods. they are huge. 20g flour is way more that 20g peanut butter.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,034 Member
    Options
    I think things like PB you can do by spoon if you use an actual measuring spoon and you level it off - so it is only one tsp, no more.

But scale is easy.
    Put slice of bread ( for example) on scale, tare, spread PB, see what it weighs.