Only 2pm, only 250 cals left for the day...

Options
Dinner ideas?

Replies

• allieeveryday
    allieeveryday Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm making this: https://minimalistbaker.com/1-pot-everyday-lentil-soup/
    If you don't add in a ton of oil or cheese or anything, it's pretty low cal.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Can you get in a walk or some other kind of workout? Otherwise, 2 eggs, a teaspoon of oil, some veg...
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Pasta cooked with veggies (no sauce).
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    j010219 wrote: »
    Dinner ideas?

yeppers - eat at maintenance for today and get back on track tomorrow. It's one day and won't make a big difference in the long run (as long as you don't make a habit of doing this).

Agree!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Dinner ideas?

yeppers - eat at maintenance for today and get back on track tomorrow. It's one day and won't make a big difference in the long run (as long as you don't make a habit of doing this).

Agree!

Seconded!
  • j010219
    j010219 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Dinner ideas?

Agree!

Seconded!

I think it is a great suggestion, and I agree that having maintenance days is not dramatic. But I already did that this weekend - I eat at deficit through the week and at maintenance through the weekend, it's more enjoyable for me. So if I start eating at maintenance during the week too, I can kiss my fat loss goal goodbye.

PMS is making me ravenous though and I had bigger breakfast and lunch than usual. I am working from home and food is right there, available. Already worked out for 1h today so I'm not going to add more exercise to create the deficit.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,442 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance. That's better than restricting your dinner too much and maybe starting the next day hungry and falling into a binge. It's just a day.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    250g cottage cheese = ~220cal depending on the brand. I like Dairyland if you are in Canada.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Dinner ideas?

Agree!

Seconded!

I think it is a great suggestion, and I agree that having maintenance days is not dramatic. But I already did that this weekend - I eat at deficit through the week and at maintenance through the weekend, it's more enjoyable for me. So if I start eating at maintenance during the week too, I can kiss my fat loss goal goodbye.

PMS is making me ravenous though and I had bigger breakfast and lunch than usual. I am working from home and food is right there, available. Already worked out for 1h today so I'm not going to add more exercise to create the deficit.

TOM has a big impact on my appetite. It is ok to eat at maintenance for that week out of the month (and on weekends). It will slow down your progress, but for me it helped keep my sanity.
  • joeterry2112
    joeterry2112 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    High bulk low calorie foods. I would go after cauliflower or broccoli. (Because I like those.)

There was a book I read that had a scale of of how many pounds of that food it took to get to 2500 calories. When I am hungry but not really craving anything specific, or I am at the end of my calories. I focus on foods in are in the 10 pounds or more.

In case anyone cares I believe the book was HawaiiDiet or PeaceDiet by Dr Shintani. (I do not endorse anything in that book except the charts on pounds of food to make 2500 calories)
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    How big is your daily decifit? If you don't want to eat at maintencr, perhaps you can split the difference and stillness a deficit but one less than the one you set. 250 calories for dinner would be tough.

If that is the path you want to go, I'd suggest making some spaghetti squash with other vegetables like pepper and broccoli and put a sauce on it so it is like you are having a vegetable pasta dish.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    How big is your daily decifit? If you don't want to eat at maintencr, perhaps you can split the difference and stillness a deficit but one less than the one you set. 250 calories for dinner would be tough.

This is what I was thinking too. It doesn't have to be full deficit or full maintenance.

• Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    How about a Romaine and spinach salad, few slices of strawberry and cucumber, add in some grilled chicken on top, and topped with lime juice and a seasoned salt of your choice? I love salads especially with grilled fajita strips or grilled chicken on top!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Dinner ideas?

Agree!

Seconded!

PMS makes you ravenous because your metabolism revs up at that time. Many women here eat at maintenance at this time.

In fact, being hungry for lunch hours earlier than normal is my first (and often only significant) sign of PMS.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I am eating a bowl of veggie and barley soup. 2 cups is only 140 cal and filling. You could also do a bunless turkey burger.
  • Jxcksonn
    Jxcksonn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get 4 eggs, crack 1 whole egg and have 3 egg whites whisk them together to make an omelette with under 180 calories and 17 grams of protein

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Dinner ideas?

Agree!

Seconded!

That was me yesterday-hit me HARD and the Little Debbie Swiss Rolls won :p I ended up going over maintenance yesterday, and pretty much canceling out my deficit for the week sigh... but today I'm back at it so no long term damage done.

If you have fresh veggies on hand a large salad with low calorie dressing is decent. I had that with a serving of shrimp (100cal) mixed in for lunch.

Or a low calorie entree (Lean Cuisine etc), with frozen veggies mixed in is pretty good as well.