Weird feeling in mouth

Options
Does anyone have a weird feeling in their mouth when cutting calories? Like a tingly....annoying....mostly on the roof of the mouth?

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    nope never had that from cutting calories. I do get it from allergies though.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Nope, sorry! You might want to inquire about that issue to your local physician or nurse, if it persists.
  • louisebrown5
    louisebrown5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Marcie9278 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a weird feeling in their mouth when cutting calories? Like a tingly....annoying....mostly on the roof of the mouth?

Could it be shingles?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound related to cutting calories. If you've introduced new foods into your diet while cutting calories, you might be having a reaction to something in them. I would probably stop eating those new foods for a while to see if it helps, and get it checked out if it continues. It could also be various other things--best to get it checked out if it doesn't go away.
  • GettingOld68
    GettingOld68 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ^^ This. I have "regular" allergies anyway. Eating raw food with peels, such as fruit and nuts, make me feel like my throat is itching. In my case, it's not dangerous - I just avoid eating these kinds of things because it's not pleasant. It might help to log the feeling you get and see if it occurs after you eat specific foods. That can help you and your doctor figure out if you're reacting to something.
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have had this feeling when I've eaten brazil nuts so I avoid them now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Yeah. I get it from greener bananas and walnuts.

Have you added new foods into your diet, OP?