Confused

Options
Tamaya_journey
Tamaya_journey Posts: 27 Member
When he says don’t lose anymore weight ?? lol idk if that’s like control or what ..

Replies

• thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Maybe he’s insecure and feels like you’ll leave him if you could loose some weight and find someone “better”
  • Tamaya_journey
    Options
    Maybe he’s insecure and feels like you’ll leave him if you could loose some weight and find someone “better”

I was thinking the same but that’s crazy tbh I’m just trying to better myself . Would love the support back
  • thepainmaker88
    Options

I was thinking the same but that’s crazy tbh I’m just trying to better myself . Would love the support back

It is kinda nuts but people tend to think like that... my wife doesn’t like me loosing weight either, she hates it infact... one time she even started crying, I gotta give her some credit tho she’s 30 weeks pregnant...
  • Tamaya_journey
    Options

It is kinda nuts but people tend to think like that... my wife doesn’t like me loosing weight either, she hates it infact... one time she even started crying, I gotta give her some credit tho she’s 30 weeks pregnant...

Yes it is and awwww congrats yeah prob the hormones lol
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Seen a lot of threads about this over the years.

Yep, significant others get nervous. Hell, FRIENDS will get nervous. I lost a best friend over it, he just... Blew up on me more and more, the healthier I got.

Sit him down and have a discussion about why he is saying it. The root cause needs to be addressed.
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    It could be he is insecure .
    But it can also mean he's worried about you getting underweight .
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options

My husband used to say this to me.
    We've been divorced 4 years.

O.P. ,Do you girl. Do not do it for anyone else.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    There is no justification for it, regardless his reasons. He may be insecure, he may be worried he won’t be attracted to you anymore but it doesn’t matter. You need to do what makes you feel like your best you.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

When he says don’t lose anymore weight ?? lol idk if that’s like control or what ..

If you feel like it's a control thing, be aware, don't be haste, but be aware if you feel that.

from my experience 'control things' don't get better

Be open minded too, maybe he is attracted to you as you are (or were).

Ultimately, 'you live in you', so you do what's best for that...you.

• thepainmaker88
    Options
    I don’t know why I got wooed for my original statement saying he might be a little insecure and afraid you’ll leave him, I think that’s the general consensus here...

Any ways like someone else said, have a talk with him and figure out his reasoning for not being supportive and if it turns out it is a insecurity thing you should reassure him that it doesn’t mean the two of you will be compromised.... then I bet he would be more supportive. I had to do this with my wife and she’s been better since... still offers me way to much junk but then again we were both comfort eaters and I think it’s been an adjustment for both of us.
  • Tamaya_journey
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice will have a talk with him