My Weight loss Journey - to lose 16% bodyfat

Options
Hi everyone,
I have seen many people share their weight loss journeys and their success stories and that inspired me to share my weight loss journey on this platform.
I have always struggled with my weight especially coming from a middle-eastern background where overfeeding your child is a form of love and off course where all the delicious meals are cooked with either lots of rice, oil or meat.
I was never happy about my weight even when i was skinny (i can say that now but back then i thought i was fat). 3 years ago I started uni far away from home and had to get used to living on my own. It was hard since i didn't know how to cook or make good food choices so i ate take away everyday which resulted in me gaining almost 7kg in the first year and a total of 12kg by the second year. Last year i decided to make a change so i started my first official weight loss journey where i lost 7kg in 3 months - i felt good, beautiful, healthy and happy but with the stress of exams and work i gained back 4kg over 9months as I am a stress eater.

My goal is to lose 12kg or 15% of my body fat over the next 3-4 months. I will do this through both healthy eating and working out 3-4 times a week with 30mins cardio and 30mins weights.
Afterwards I plan to do more weightlifting, 5km runs, marathons and participate in a soccer match.
I want healthy living to be my lifestyle for the rest of my life and I hope this can be the start of it and hopefully I can share it with you guys!

I plan to update daily but if i get busy i made fortnight check ins with you guys:
7th Feb (starting weight): 72.5 (32.5% body fat)
21st Feb
9th March
23rd March
6th April
20th April
4th May (Final weigh in - hopefully at 16.5% body fat or 60kg)

Feel free to share with me your fitness journey, any tips you have for me (esp with sugar cravings), motivation and if you wish you can share your journey and progress on here :)

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Hi! I wish you the very best with your goals! The only thing I would say is that putting such a short time frame on it would be a bad thing for me. That's a pretty aggressive schedule and you may be setting yourself up. Perhaps include the fun things (e.g. weightlifting starting soon, soccer in spring, etc) in your current (not after) plan and take a bit longer?
  • randhusam
    randhusam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks solieco1 for your wishes! How long do you recommend is a healthy timeframe to lose such weight? I found in the past when i didnt set exactly how much weight i wanted to lose and by when it doesnt happen thats why i decided to put a date to it but maybe ur right its too soon. I do plan to incooperate soccer and weight lifting in my current journey - what i meant is after achieving my goals i would like to do them more than cardio :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!