August 12, 2012

Options
Zelinna
Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
The day after that little blue dress kicked my butt and I joined MFP.

I was 210 lbs and realized that I needed to change. I had actually never tried to lose weight before, because I never felt I was so big that I needed to. I have the blessing/ curse of gaining weight all over, instead of just in one place. It’s a blessing because you don’t look as big as you are, but it’s a curse for the same reason. It’s easy to convince yourself that you don’t need to lose weight because you look fine.

Prior to August 2012, a “normal weight” for me would be somewhere in the 180’s. This is the weight that I have been most of my life, and the weight that I was comfortable at. When I first joined MFP that was my goal, I really just wanted to get back to that comfortable weight.

I had selected a goal weight of 160 kind of arbitrarily, but in my head I was just aiming for the 180s. After that I told myself that I would be fine. Little did I know that the changes I made would become so addicting that I wouldn’t be able to stop in the 180’s. That I would keep going.

And here we are a year later, approaching the 160 mark. I since revised that goal to 150, but getting to 160 is still a big milestone for me.

I would have liked to hit that mark sooner, but things don’t always go as planned and life gets in the way. But I never stopped; I kept coming back day after day. I just hit 300 consecutive days logged on. This means the last day I missed logging on was my wedding day on October 14, 2012.

ccdcf161-fc51-48a6-8c21-bb9d57eb21c0_zpsd20a9eae.jpg

PhotoGrid_1375497192285_zps30a3a981.jpg

Aug46_zpsd58e4dbe.jpg

Replies

• cheyenneb
    cheyenneb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing and so inspirational! Keep it up, you look amazing!
  • eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Awesome dedication! No need to tell ya to keep at it, as I'm sure you will!!

As a pal with similar stats and body type, I look forward to following your progress and seeing what you'll achieve!

Congrats on your progress thus far, you look amazing!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!!!
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    you look amazing :)
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an awesome job well done!!
  • ailbheoconnell
    ailbheoconnell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    well done!! you look fantastic!! great achievement
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Congratulations on your loss! And on your wedding as well!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Well done
  • britcanuck14
    britcanuck14 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Way to go!!! Keep up the great work :)
  • meech2sandy
    Options
    You look Great!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look Great!! Awesome job!
  • Zelinna
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone!
  • bsutherland3681
    bsutherland3681 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! And you are so pretty (before and after)!!!!

How tall are you?
  • thelmanlouise
    Options
    Amazing photos! Thanks for your inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • mom2cba
    mom2cba Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look great - thanks for sharing your journey with us! Keep up the great work :smile:
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! My highest was 215 lbs. (I think... I stopped getting on the scale for a while there) in my early twenties. Then I bounced around between 170-185 lbs. for years and thought it was my "normal" weight, so I totally can relate to you there. I'm 5'8" (scraping 5'9") and now fluctuate between high 130's to low 140's. Keep on with your amazing journey!!

Cheers & Congratulations!
  • jenrobiwan
    jenrobiwan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! I have about the same amount to lose, and I love seeing women in my current weight range get down (or close) to goal weight. It makes me feel so proud of those (you!) who accomplish it and it fills me with such hope that I can get there to. So, congratulations and thank you!
  • Zelinna
    Options
    You look fabulous! And you are so pretty (before and after)!!!!

How tall are you?

Also thanks everyone. I am just glad I can finally share. The success stories were my motivation during the early months. I would spend my evenings looking at everyone's transformations just waiting for when I could post my own.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!