Small victory :)

Options
kyleekay10
kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
I had a miniature revelation today at work.

There are tons of reflective windows at my office, which I pass by every single time I walk outside. Several months ago I would look into those mirrors to try and readjust my outfit to cover up any problem areas, and basically just be down on myself. I would think I was motivating myself by going "Ugh, my booty is sagging. My arms are too thick. I should really join a gym..." which I soon realized was having the opposite effect.

Without realizing it, my attitude has slowly been changing. I changed into my workout gear in the office bathroom this afternoon, and then walked outside for something. I caught myself staring at my reflection, like usual, but this time... I was checking myself out. :wink:

I love small victories like this, and just wanted to share with everyone. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cheyenneb
    cheyenneb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I completely understand that mental battle... you got this!
  • ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    Options
    Congrats! Small victories are an important motivator! Just being able to wear something that is not as tight or to fit into something I couldn't before is awesome!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Heh... You and probably 98% of all the guys you pass on your way! :love: Bravo, pretty lady!
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That's awesome :)
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Congraz :D
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    How awesome is that?? Congrats - what a great feeling!! It's things like that that motivate us to continue and push harder... Well done!
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! All the extra support from MFP is awesome. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!