Older Lady wants to feel better.

Hello,
I just celebrated my 66th birthday and I am using it as the starting point of my new goal of loosing weight and getting stronger slowly and gradually. I had lost a lot of weight about seven years ago and slowly put it back on minus ten pounds.

I recently am recuperating from a back injury that caused numbness in my legs and feet. So my exercise program will have to include brisk walking and stretching only. I would be happy to loose about 1/2 a pound a week. As long as I am going down and getting stronger and not loosing my breath every time I exert myself, I would be very pleased.

If there are any other ladies out there who know how I feel and are in the same place, I sure could use your encouragement. I am a grandmother of four boys ranging from 13 to 4 and I need to keep up with them. I also have a ministry in Haiti and travel there at least once a year. Each trip is more harder on me with my added weight and the grueling hot temperatures. And even though my orphans love to wiggle the extra flab of my upper arms, I do not enjoy it. Soooooooo . . . . here I go on an even more challenging journey.

Replies

• qweenovme
    qweenovme Posts: 75 Member
    Happy Birthday! What a great way to celebrate!!!
  • sticksandtwigs
    sticksandtwigs Posts: 20 Member
    Congrats on your new goals! Remember: If you want to see any changes, practice, be patient, and you'll begin to notice newfound strength! I'm very impressed by your commitment at your age because most older women I know would complain all day about their back and give up entirely instead of exercising lightly and at their own pace. Good luck!:smile: