Calories burned with squats

Options
Im trying to add squats to the exercise tab. It asks me for sets and repetitions per set but dose not automatically calculate calories burned. How do i calculate on average how many calories per squat or set im burning?

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Weight training burns very little calories, but the benefits are amazing
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    What kind of squats? Are you doing other strength training. There is no entry for individual squats...if you're doing strength training, you would log strength training under the cardio section, but not the individual exercises. You would log the total time spent strength training. If you're doing body weight, you would log the total minutes as calisthenics.

Weighted squats are going to burn more than body weight squats...doing a few sets of squats though isn't going to burn very many calories.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    In the cardio database, there are both body weight squats and several flavors of calisthenics. So, if you are doing 10 minutes of jump squats, I would select the "calisthenics, vigorous" option; and the bodyweight option for just regular squats. If you are doing high reps weighted for an extended period, I would probably do calisthenics, if it is the same effort you would put forth for sustained jumping jacks, jump rope, etc.

If you are doing low reps with rest periods, yeah, not gonna burn much they will be doing other awesome things for your body and strength.