amazing

dawnymo1
dawnymo1 Posts: 48 Member
I have been a long time WW member and a leader at one point. I have been struggling to move the scale even an ounce with their new program. Spoke with their online chat people about the calorie count for their 0 point foods and they said oh eat all you want of them. My question was so I can eat 100 ounces of chicken a day and 15 bananas and still lose weight? What about the calories, sugars etc....
I went on their community page and others had the same concern and mentioned comparing it to the MFP app so I did and it was amazing how off set my intake was. I began using the app and dropped weight watchers , the scale is moving and I am exercising but the most amazing part is my energy level with eating the correctly right amount of fats, proteins, calories etc...… My body is not shut down anymore , I am hungry at meal time . I still struggle a bit to reach my caloric intake especially when the exercise is added it but just wanted to share how different this …… actually may be happy with myself for my sons wedding in two months....

Replies

• aproulx939
    aproulx939 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I used to be on WW too and did very well UNTIL they changed the plan!!! I just started on MFP and in three days I have already seen a change and lost 2-3 lbs. I live that this app is free and I can track everything and read success stories etc. good luck to you! This is a new journey 😁
  • OneRatGirl
    OneRatGirl Posts: 124 Member
    I have friends who use slimming world, which has a similar system, I think it can work well for those who don't tend to overeat in general, as it limits higher calorie foods, thereby creating a defecit if you eat the right portions.

My overeating of all foods makes it a no-go for me, I think it's the same for a lot of people!

Glad you've found something that works better for you! I like the simplicity of calorie counting, it's just numbers, I find it far less complicated than other programs.
  • dawnymo1
    For me I was under eating just about everything. Good luck to you on your journey
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited February 2019
    Isn’t the goal of WW to eat until satisfied? I guess that is what they mean by you can eat all you want zero points foods (*but to satisfaction and not stuffed). I agree this is a flawed program because most people do not know what satisfaction means. I’ve tried just about every diet out there and weighing and logging have been the most effective.
  • dawnymo1
    That is the goal but there is no tracking of the amount of proteins fats caloric intake etc... the old programs did and they were great. I like MFP because I can see if I ate a good balance of all of those things
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!