Center of attention

thepainmaker88
thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
Anyone else hate being the center of attention? It makes my nerves on edge! I just agreed to go with my wife to her baby shower tomorrow and something about being surrounded by 50 people filming me while I open gifts and what not is making me feel really uncomfortable 😣

Replies

• thepainmaker88
    Your propic doesn't get you attention?

You really like getting a rise outa people dontcha? Not gonna work bud
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I love it
  • thepainmaker88
    Ya I’d rather just sit back and chill than be an attention seeker
  • sardelsa

Luckily I don't seek it out but I enjoy it when it finds me
  • thepainmaker88
    sardelsa wrote: »

Most people that love something usually go out of their way to go get it... just saying
  • sardelsa

Most people that love something usually go out of their way to go get it... just saying

Nope not really.

Your profile pic is throwing me off, you definitely don't seem like the type that hides away from attention. So I guess it can all be deceiving
  • thepainmaker88

Nope not really.

Your profile pic is throwing me off, you definitely don't seem like the type that hides away from attention. So I guess it can all be deceiving

My wife and I are kind of just private people, we do our own thing most of the time... I’m not as shy as some people but i honestly could do with out the camaraderie
  • sardelsa

Nope not really.

My wife and I are kind of just private people, we do our own thing most of the time... I’m not as shy as some people but i honestly could do with out the camaraderie

Well the day is to celebrate her and your baby. It's one day and you usually just come in at the end.. the focus is more on her anyhow.
  • thepainmaker88

Nope not really.

Well the day is to celebrate her and your baby. It's one day and you usually just come in at the end.. the focus is more on her anyhow.

Ya your probably right I should just ease up a little bit.... I think I’m just likening it to speech class....😬
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Just think of all the baby stuff you will get from the baby shower .
  • sardelsa

Nope not really.

Ya your probably right I should just ease up a little bit.... I think I’m just likening it to speech class....😬

They might clap and cheer when they see you but then you are passe and it's all about her again. Try not to worry
  • thepainmaker88
    Oh are you going to be a dad?

Proudly! He’s due April 17th
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    I suppose if you take your shirt off at the baby shower you will get more attention. So don’t do that and you should be fine.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Oh are you going to be a dad?

Proudly! He’s due April 17th

Very many congratulations!