New to this :-)

Hey All!

I've never really tried to diet or anything before never really thought to but now about to hit 35 this year and i thought its about time.

I'm a wheelchair user so my metabolism is very different to what it used to be when i was not in a chair, So i find no matter what i eat i put weight on and atm i only eat once a day. I currently weigh 125kg at 182cm tall want to get back down to the 85kg mark if possible so any help or advice you can all give would be greatly appreciated! Now i said im new to this so any advice that involves complicated equations to calculate dietary needs is going to go way over my head so anything in lamen terms would be great! lol

Thanks
Andrew

Replies

• jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Hi do you workout? I have knee pain so i use to just work upper body and i had lost weight If you join a gym have a look around some gyms have wheelchair friendly machines but it doesn't matter if they have or not just get in there and do it! Is there anywhere you can maybe join sports like wheelchair basketball
  • Aaeko
    Aaeko Posts: 9 Member
    well i work with horses 12 hours a day mucking booths out training horses, dragging 50kg bags off hay through mud snow rain etc depending on the weatherr on a daily basi, but still have problems keeping the weight off lol but i have started doing some weight training mainly to stabilize my core as i've been having alot of shoulder and back problems due to how active i am so with pushing in the chair im only working some of the muscles and the others are lacking.