Keto Long Distant Runners

Options
Hello :)

I recently became Keto adpted ( and do 16/8 fasts). My energy levels have been thru the roof and I wanted to get back to doing marathons again. Any Keto marathon runners here? Do you have a ‘snack’ or drink to fuel up for long distance runs? Any tips welcomed

Replies

• timothyocean
    timothyocean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm currently am injured runner (not running) and I'm about 10 days into ketosis. Following this post with interest. Have only one marathon under my belt so far but crave more. Aiming for ultras.
  • arialb122
    arialb122 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm also very interested in responses to this post. I am an endurance runner (although only halves!) and have had a few failed attempts at running since I have started Keto. Would love to get back to it, but can't imagine how my body would fare!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I am keto and training for a marathon. I was put in the direction of keto by my doctor after he discovered I was doing endurance sports. During the initial stages it was difficult training and I had to cut back a bit as my energy levels dropped, but they have since recovered. I usually train fasted as that is what is better for me, but I have noted when I have something about 2 to 3 hours before a long exercise a session it appears to help.