New here over 40 and plateau has hit in a major way

Options
So I am over 40 I have lost about 30 pounds over the last few years however I have been at a still plateau for a year now I have not lost any more weight I have been trying I am gaining more muscle so I'm not overly upset about the number on the scale I would like to see it go down more, initially I did to DVD workouts to lose the weight from there I just started going to the gym really without any plan I just would pick a workout and do it, since it has been about a year since I lost any weight or inches I've decided I'm trying the Beachbody core de force workouts, and give myself the 30 days to see if I can make any changes
I often heard change it up trick your body and you may see some results. And I had read one other thing that said if you want to see better results pick a plan and stick to it I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had a long-lasting plateau

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Not knowing your stats, how much you have to lose and how many calories you have as your daily goal it is hard to be sure, but It sounds like you have been eating at maintenance. Use a food scale to weigh and measure all your food. Check you are using correct entries, some entries in the data base can be way off. This might give you some inside into why you are not losing. If you are close to goal then weight loss will be slower and you might need to adjust to .5 lb per week (if you have not made that adjustment already)

You are right to give any changes 30 days before you decide whether they are working or not. Many people expect to see a change right away and this is not how it happens.

Good luck