Smart trousers to fit weightlifting thighs!

I’m in the UK and really struggling to get clothes to fit my substantial thighs. Anyone got any good leads? Buying a bigger size and getting them adjusted is one option, but I’m also petite (apart from my thighs!) so I end up with some very odd looking clothes if I’m not careful! 🤣

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I wear skirts.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Jeggings or skirts. Elastic is our friend.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    I’ve heard good things about Barbell Apparel but I don’t have personal experience with them.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    jnomadica wrote: »
    I’ve heard good things about Barbell Apparel but I don’t have personal experience with them.

they are honestly out of my budget. Levi's has some "athletic fit" jeans that have some stretch to them and are a lot less $ than Barbell. I've heard Old Navy has some jeans/khakis with built-in stretch through the thighs too but haven't personally tried them.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    I’m in the UK and really struggling to get clothes to fit my substantial thighs. Anyone got any good leads? Buying a bigger size and getting them adjusted is one option, but I’m also petite (apart from my thighs!) so I end up with some very odd looking clothes if I’m not careful! 🤣

I sew, so I can fit my clothes as needed. If that's not an option for you, and you're looking for something smart to wear to work, my suggestion would be, to have some custom made. Try a simple style, and if it works with your wardrobe, you can get more in every color. Probably a pricier option at first, but to make a professional impression, it can be a good investment.
    Best of luck!
  • Chris341311
    Chris341311 Posts: 22 Member
    I would look int barbell apparel
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    I always have to resort to cotton/spandex blends when looking at material; generally go 1 size above my waist.
    Forget about "skinny fit"; it's just not happening
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Thanks everyone! Sadly I can’t sew very well, and I’m trying to avoid made to measure at the moment simply because I appear to be changing shape quite a lot! Funnily enough I’m not struggling with jeans as the stretchy skinny ones still fit, but work trousers are a totally different matter. Time for a wardrobe overhaul I think!