Why isn't my Daily Summary counting all my exercise?

Options
JCoop9
JCoop9 Posts: 14 Member
I see on my Home feed that I burned 384 calories exercising. But on the the counter, it's only added 201. What gives?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Do you have negative adjustments enabled? Might be you weren't as active as the activity level you have set yourself too, so some of it has been offset against that.

For example, I have my account set to Lightly Active (which requires approx 5000 steps), my BMR is around 1785.

So MFP will give me approx 2000 calories (BMR x Lightly Active Multiplier 1.4 (2500) - 500 calorie deficit) to lose 1lb per week.

If I have a relatively lazy day in terms of non-exercise activity and I am at sedentary level instead of Lightly Active my calorie burn is only going to be around 2230 (BMR x Sedentary Multiplier 1.25) which means to create my intended deficit, I'd have to eat 1730 calories rather than my usual 2000 calories.

If you have a tracked synced to MFP with negative adjustments enable it will automatically do the maths to ensure you're not over-eating for your actually activity level vs your expected activity level.