Tell me the benefits please

Options
So I am 5 pounds from my goal weight of 125. I am 5”3. I am doing 6 days of cardio and 3 days of 30 minutes of resistance training. ( sit ups, squats, push ups, lunges, triceps dips.) I am currently set to loose 1 pound a week. Except this last week I have consistently lost. I am pretty sore from working with a personal trainer and working hard this last week so I know why the stall. I see a lot of people recommend half a pound once you only have 15 pounds or less to loose. I get impatient and want to see results. So what are the benefits of reducing my goal to .5 pounds a week? Thanks for the help. I truly am trying to do what’s best for my body.

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    What are you planning to change when you get to goal weight?

What are the benefits of achieving these changes sooner? The risks in doing so?
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The benefit is sustainability and a general lack of misery.

Well said!
  • twatson4936
    twatson4936 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just changed mine to lose .5 per week as I am within 7 lbs. Just the fact that I can eat 230 more calories per day has me ecstatic. I'm already at a upper BMI healty weight so taking my time to get the last 7 off will be much easier this way. Almost a no brainer.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I find the additional 250-ish calories makes my workouts better, and my recovery days better.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,444 Member
    Options
    I've been losing about 6 lbs very slowly. I don't want to lose muscle instead of padding, I don't want to feel miserable and don't want to have the feeling on being on a diet. I'll get there eventually, with the added bonus that transitioning back to maintenance will be so much more easy. Look at it this way: when you can suddenly eat more calories the risk of starting to binge is really big, especially if you had a big deficit. A small one is much easier to handle.