Fitbit tracking

Options
Hi! Can anyone tell me if when using a Fitbit, do I have to still enter exercise into my fitness pal? I have them linked and ‘my fitness pal’ is telling me Fitbit about my food intake, but does Fitbit pass on my workouts? It’s hard to tell since it only says total and they don’t match because of the way one updates through the day and one does a whole day in advance. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    If you have them synced MFP will add calories for extra steps. I personally don't like my calorie goal changing through out the day (it messes with my head). I took the weekly total of calories burned to figure out what my calories for MFP should be
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Hi! Can anyone tell me if when using a Fitbit, do I have to still enter exercise into my fitness pal? I have them linked and ‘my fitness pal’ is telling me Fitbit about my food intake, but does Fitbit pass on my workouts? It’s hard to tell since it only says total and they don’t match because of the way one updates through the day and one does a whole day in advance. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Yes, the FitBit adjustment includes all activity tracked in FitBit that day.
  • jenniferw2019
    jenniferw2019 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • CindyBelleN
    CindyBelleN Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So, if I enter my workout on FitBit, I shouldn’t also enter it on MFP, correct? Been doing it that way the past couple days and the calorie adjustment seems way too generous. I do an online program I subscribe to that does resistance & cardio almost every workout, so I know I am burning more than just step calories. Heart rate shows up on Fitbit but not sure how much info gets sinc-ed with MFP for calorie adjustment. When I don’t add workout to MFP it seems too stingy with calorie adjustment.