anyone succeeded at getting rid of cellulite?

Options
2»

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Still rocking white streaks on my thighs from yo-yo-ing during childhood-early teenage years (obese-normal BMI-underweight back and forth several times). Even after a good 15 years of having a fairly stable bodyweight (between 21-23). Paler I get, the slightly less noticeable, but nonetheless still there upon close examination (embracing, not bothered by)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    +1 on the spray tan
  • InDogWeTrust
    InDogWeTrust Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    great point....thanks for the feedback
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I’ve had cellulite since puberty (11yr old) and I was never over weight until I got pregnant with my son (24 yr old). Some people are just going to have it no matter what and I’m one of them. I’m now almost 40 with bf% 23-34 and still have it some. It is less noticeable the more weight training I do but I don’t expect to ever not have some. I fake tan to camouflage it during shirt and swimsuit season.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,984 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    thanks...saw that article while ago....out of all elements mentioned the only one that applies to me is that I am a female.....no genetic predisposition, no stress, weight gain...well i have been around the same weight forever....besides many women lot heavier than me dont have cellulite, age? well im still in my 30ies....
    I have read what cellulite is and how it forms a lot lol......except it doesnt really help me to improve it.....

Maybe you should send away from one of those DNA geneology tests. Maybe you're not really related to the people you're looking at to determine your genetic predisposition.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I have some on my legs which looks worse in bad lighting.

It has reduced a lot from when I was 30% BF to now (~22% BF i'm guesstimating). At my leanest of about 18% BF I still had some, but less visible.

So yeah, I think the more muscle less fat you have the less it shows.

I do, however, hold hopes that there is a miracle out there and I take DIM tablets to magically help me get rid of them (still there tho).

I have in the past had massages and some fat freezing treatment thing done and also one time some other machine thing that kind of kneaded the fat (it was cheap, so hey!). With these "treatments" I found the visible appearance reduced, but as soon as I stopped, it came back.

The other thing is, when I have done things like that I was being more consistent with diet and therefore it could just have been the diet rather than the machines. Or maybe a miraculous combination of both.

I haven't tried any creams tho.
  • InDogWeTrust
    Options
    thanks...saw that article while ago....out of all elements mentioned the only one that applies to me is that I am a female.....no genetic predisposition, no stress, weight gain...well i have been around the same weight forever....besides many women lot heavier than me dont have cellulite, age? well im still in my 30ies....
    I have read what cellulite is and how it forms a lot lol......except it doesnt really help me to improve it.....

Maybe you should send away from one of those DNA geneology tests. Maybe you're not really related to the people you're looking at to determine your genetic predisposition.

lolzzzz...u funny
  • InDogWeTrust
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »

It has reduced a lot from when I was 30% BF to now (~22% BF i'm guesstimating). At my leanest of about 18% BF I still had some, but less visible.

I do, however, hold hopes that there is a miracle out there and I take DIM tablets to magically help me get rid of them (still there tho).

I have in the past had massages and some fat freezing treatment thing done and also one time some other machine thing that kind of kneaded the fat (it was cheap, so hey!). With these "treatments" I found the visible appearance reduced, but as soon as I stopped, it came back.

The other thing is, when I have done things like that I was being more consistent with diet and therefore it could just have been the diet rather than the machines. Or maybe a miraculous combination of both.

yeah...I have dome velashape...creams....coffee scrubs/////you name it...dry brushing/////my body fat is kinda high at 29 but again people with lot higher fat dont have cellulite......:(
  • InDogWeTrust
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    Can I be completely honest here, I actually do not know what cellulite is.

No seriously. I've had it explained to me so many times. And yes, I've seem those magazines where they circle some random celebrity's legs and say "omg, look, cellulite!". And yes, I understand that it's the "dimpling of the skin" and that.

But seriously, all I see is some legs. As in, that's what legs look like.

Personally it would be like looking at someone's palms and say "omg look! They have lines on their palms".

I just don't get it.

I can honestly say that I have never seen cellulite on another person's body. Even in those magazines I can't see it. It's literally just legs. Even those people who say "I've have such bad cellulite", I don't see it. What they have is legs. And then I stop staring at their butt because that kind of thing is more than a little rude.

My point is, why are you worrying about something that literally nobody gives a *baby cat* about. That is what your legs look like. You may not like it, but there is really very little you can do about it. I hate my knees, they're weirdly shaped and lopsided, but that's how they look. Worrying about them isn't going to magically make them change shape and nobody else in the world is going to care what my knees look like. So you know what, I instead focus on how boss my arms are looking right now instead.

hehe glad about your arms...
    but you would speak differently if you saw my legs believe me....its like there is spongy texture instead of regular skin....very lumpy and very lax:(((....looks a lot like skin of orange...also its jelly even though I weight train regularly...just frustrating...
  • InDogWeTrust
    Options
    Still rocking white streaks on my thighs from yo-yo-ing during childhood-early teenage years (obese-normal BMI-underweight back and forth several times). Even after a good 15 years of having a fairly stable bodyweight (between 21-23). Paler I get, the slightly less noticeable, but nonetheless still there upon close examination (embracing, not bothered by)

you know the more I think about it the more I think thats why I have all this cellulite and laxity in my skin...i went back and forth so many times being big,then small,then muscular then just all fat cause I had to stop gym due to injury:((...and maybe skin just changed texture or something:(((
  • InDogWeTrust
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    +1 on the spray tan

what do you mean by +1 on the spray tan:)))), i dont get it
  • RuthDK
    RuthDK Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Walking and water helped mine
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's largely genetic. I've known women who have improved it with weight loss and weight training, but never fully gotten rid of it. My best chick friend is a professional trainer and hardcore cyclist...she is very lean with visible abs and very fit. She still has cellulite, but she's a beautiful woman.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    I have never been overweight, but have had cellulite since puberty. My sis made fun of me for having it and I've always struggled with hating it.

I'm trying to learn to how to accept, but even at 45 I don't much like it.

My body fat is 24.4%. I have visible abs.

And lots of cellulite.

Once, when I was under 20%, it was better, but still there.

Fact is... Some women have a bit, and can lose it. Some women have a lot and will never get rid of it. And for most of us... There's nothing we can do about it.

The more muscle I have, the more cellulite I see. I figure the muscle presses against the skin, and whatever fat I have breaks through the fibres of the skin.

I guess I'm rambling... But long story short... It is totally normal, and largely out of our control.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »

yeah...I have dome velashape...creams....coffee scrubs/////you name it...dry brushing/////my body fat is kinda high at 29 but again people with lot higher fat dont have cellulite......:(

Hun, those people don't have a secret, cuddle unicorns or anything else. They simply don't have your genes, your connective tissue. Stop looking at others, start embracing your body. You are you, not someone else.