When should my last glass of water be?

Options
Can somebody help please?
I have made a conscious effort to drink more water since starting back with myfitnesspal.
Problem is I am up multiple times in the night to pee. I'm a really bad sleeper anyway so the extra wake ups are starting to take their toll.

If I go to bed at 10pm, when should my last glass of water be consumed to stop the disruption to my sleep?

TIA X

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I would guess it varies from person to person. How about just trying to stop at 8 pm and see how that goes for a few days, if you still are getting up, stop at 7 pm and see how that goes for a few days. I drink water before I go to bed and take a glass with me to bed. I go once during the night.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I try to remember to drink the bulk of fluids in the first part of the day, but I'm pretty much thirsty all the time. I'd recommend like, 3ish, hours before bedtime. If that doesn't work, kick it back 30 mins at a time and see how it goes.
  • Ready2Succeed2019
    Ready2Succeed2019 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I try not to drink too much after 9 so that I'm not up in the night.
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I try to have most of my water in the morning and early afternoon (say before 2pm) and not to have water after 6pm Then I am almost certain to make it through the night,
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Also bear in mind you don't need to drink huge amounts of water per day, just enough fluids to hydrate you. So might be that you're just overdoing it if you're peeing that frequently.

Water doesn't have a massive impact on weight loss directly, it can just help if you are mistaking thirst for hunger or help with water retention if you're dehydrated or had more sodium than usual.

vqdlj1tsls8h.png
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Years ago I 'retrained' my body to not need to get up during the night, it was suggested by my SIL's doctor - and it didn't take more than a week either which was surprising. That was about 10 years ago, and I've never woken during the night needing to pee since. The mind is a wonderful thing :smile: I have passed this on to several friends over the years and it worked for them too, so its not hooey LOL:-
    The idea is you pee just before bedtime as usual, then if and when you wake up in the middle of the night you just don't go, yes it seems horrible to lay there thinking you need to go but a lot of the time its just a notion to us, it really is - I promise by the 4th or 5th night of 'holding on' you will not be waking up in future for the loo. So what's 4 or 5 nights of discomfort if the rest of your life you get peace to sleep all night long :smiley:

OP its likely you are drinking more than you need to, the pee colour chart above is a good guideline.