Has anybody used Duromine (Phentermine)?

Options
82EC
82EC Posts: 123 Member
I’ve been prescribed Duromine 30mg for weight loss and am finding it really easy to eat a very low calorie diet on it. It’s my 3rd day on the drug. Just wanting to hear your experiences longer term - how much did you eat and how much did you lose?
Thank you!

Replies

• scalebeater
    scalebeater Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I find Phentermine helpful from time to time to get back on track. I'm not telling you it's good for you - it's not, it's speed - but neither is being overweight. It can cause addiction, serious side effects - but there are way riskier things you could do to lose weight (like surgery). Know the risks and don't use it more than a few months, it will stop working by then anyways. You can take a break and restart but never take more than the recommended dose. Be careful.
  • BeezBeez
    BeezBeez Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My doc put me on it last autumn and my results were pretty good. I lost 15 pounds in a couple of months, then took a break from it (following my doctor's recommendations). I've just started back on after a three month break. I didn't gain any of the weight back in the interim. Hoping for similar results on this round -- I have about 30 or 40 more to lose.

It helped me keep on track starting out. I had turned down the prescription a year ago, figuring I've lost weight before and I know how to eat properly and exercise, but I had gained another 20 pounds by my next appointment so decided to give it a try. It's helped me get over the hump this time, getting back to healthy habits. Make sure you stick to your new habits, continue to eat healthy regular meals while you're on it, and pay attention to how you feel. If anything seems amiss, check with your doctor.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I've been taking 30mg duromine for 6 or 9 months. I have medical issues (osteoarthritis in both hips) and my gp knows I need weight loss to help control the pain. I have to say that I am not really an over eater and never was. I think it may have helped a little. I didn't have any side effects, and still don't. Sometimes I skip it for a few days by accident, but I never have any withdrawals or anything like that.
    Good luck with it 😊. I hope its the answer you're looking for.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!