Let's play a game! Of veg inspiration!

Options
2»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    "Inspo" or "Fitspo" or anything-po comes from a portmanteau of "inspiration" and "motivation". That's why it's "po" and not "pi.
    Thank you. That kinda even makes sense. :)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    What does "INSPO" mean?

It refers to when someone hopes to inspire a social media following and for some reason picked MFP as their platform.

Got it, thanks. Photos would be much better than recipes. Most people are visually oriented when it comes to food and showing what you did with vegetables might help others with ideas.

Photos are cool, but food photography is a skill. If someone needs to motivate themselves to eat veg, a cookbook or website with lovely photos is a great way to do it.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato peeled and cut into about 1 inch cubes coated with either non stick spray or spray butter (this helps them cook faster and softer), then mix in cinnamon to your tastes (I use a lot) and bake until done

I do this but with nutmeg!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,294 Member
    Options
    I'm another "recipes? what recipes?" person. I just cook, when it comes to things with no structural ingredients. Day-to-day, most veggies are simple.

Recent enthusiasm: Roasted mashed heirloom winter squash (a rich, meaty but not dry, slightly sweet one) mixed with an unreasonable amount of white miso.

Some friends gave me a Meyer-lemon-infused olive oil for Christmas, so flavorful that even a tiny amount adds delicious rich lemon-y-ness, with no hint of bitterness, to veggies . . . particularly enjoyed it on cold cooked beets.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Sweet potato peeled and cut into about 1 inch cubes coated with either non stick spray or spray butter (this helps them cook faster and softer), then mix in cinnamon to your tastes (I use a lot) and bake until done

:open_mouth:
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

:open_mouth:

I do this with Oreos.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I'm not big with recipes either, and typically when I do follow one, I tweak it anyway. I'll usually double the veg called for allowing for larger serving sizes. One of my favourites is diced beets and carrots tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar and roasted. They are so sweet this way.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I will take onions, potatoes, garlic, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, corn, brussels sprouts, kale (and whatever else I have on hand). Cook this in olive oil and add a few table spoons of the Swad brand Chana Masala spice packet, mix and viola it's a great dinner!!! The great thing about this recipe is you can add any veggie or even fruit that you like!