1235»

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    And how does one fuel one's workouts?
  • LookingforWhatsHerName
    Options
    I didn’t see this put out yet, but I personally found it eye opening in the beginning:

https://youtu.be/vjKPIcI51lU
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I didn’t see this put out yet, but I personally found it eye opening in the beginning:

https://youtu.be/vjKPIcI51lU

Yep, that is well worth the watch, short and makes the point about guesstimates quite clearly.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    Danp wrote: »
    I've never understood the logic behind the idea of starvation mode. The idea that you're not eating enough calories to sustain yourself so you start storing energy instead of using it to sustain yourself makes absolutely zero sense.

It's like walking into work to find out that your hours have been cut and you'll be earning half what you previously did, then thinking to yourself "Damn, I don't have enough money coming in now to pay the rent or buy food for the family. I know! I'll just put what little money I am getting into a savings account and leave it there instead of spending it. That'll work!"

Kinda ridiculous huh

It's been said before - watch Naked and Afraid, or if one is gutsy enough, there's plenty out there about starving people all over the world.

I get that "Starvation mode" and "Starvation" are two different things, but I'm not able to do the mental gymnastics required to make it work.

I mean, does the # of calories required to simply stay alive drop to the point where we just kind of shamble around in starvation mode until we decide to eat more?

I don't know...just an old fart trying to learn stuff.

k4yuun4o95fd.jpeg

Gracias mi amiga - that's a nice, graphic way to get the point across :)