Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Will Power has deserted me!

Options
Where has he gone? I'm eating chocolate biscuits and other empty calories. He has left me, how can I persuade him to return? Will a search party help? I am becoming desperate. Please!
«1

Replies

  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My will power is only paid per diem. I just have to make good choices when it's off duty.
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My goodness there's a lot to digest and all of it non fattening. Thank you. :)

  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    He's cheating on you with another woman, Candy Kane.
    Mmn, several, I think. :smile:

  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Isn't he an IndyCar driver? Maybe check in Australia?

    But seriously. Will power is overrated. You only need it until habit sets in. Does it require will power to brush your teeth every day? As I keep getting told: Suck it up, Buttercup!"
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,032 Member
    Options
    Isn't he an IndyCar driver? Maybe check in Australia?

    But seriously. Will power is overrated. You only need it until habit sets in. Does it require will power to brush your teeth every day? As I keep getting told: Suck it up, Buttercup!"

    Ya, another vote for creating healthy habits.

    When I eat sufficient protein and fiber, and do not allow myself to get too hungry, I'm far less likely to over indulge on empty calories.

    Regular exercise and good sleep is critical for me as well.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,032 Member
    Options

    This was just what I needed today - thanks!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite posts on the topic:

    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10613774/the-importance-of-willpower-for-weight-loss/p1

    The TLDR: willpower is finite, so carefully choose how you want to spend it.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Isn't he an IndyCar driver? Maybe check in Australia?

    No, no, he's back in the US now because the season is about to start.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Isn't he an IndyCar driver? Maybe check in Australia?

    No, no, he's back in the US now because the season is about to start.

    Now I'm picturing him as the wealthy, aloof heir to the Power estate who, having lost his Too Pure For This Sinful Earth true-love to consumption shortly before their wedding, has been pursued in vain by every eligible young lady for the past several Seasons. Can our heroine soothe the ache in his dark, troubled soul?
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    One of my favorite posts on the topic:

    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10613774/the-importance-of-willpower-for-weight-loss/p1

    The TLDR: willpower is finite, so carefully choose how you want to spend it.
    Yes, a good post but isn't it really making the argument for discipline rather than willpower perhaps even hinting that they're interchangeable or one and the same thing?

  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I used to feel bad for him when people said "Fire at Will!" but he's so unreliable that maybe he deserves it... ;)
    :D
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Does this fit in a no will power thread? :)

    fz93rvuchbjo.gif
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Will power isn't the only thing that's going to keep you going. That's only a part of it. You need to have determination, dedication, and willingness to see it through. You have to remember that it's a lifestyle change.
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I like his other brother, discipline and as maidengirl_ says his other relatives, determination and dedication. Thinking about it there's a tremendous amount of help out there. All we have to do is ask.

    Many thanks to all here from this nutty old Brit'. :)
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    MissyCHF wrote: »
    I like his other brother, discipline and as maidengirl_ says his other relatives, determination and dedication. Thinking about it there's a tremendous amount of help out there. All we have to do is ask.

    Many thanks to all here from this nutty old Brit'. :)

    I'm sure dear old Will wont desert you forever :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    MissyCHF wrote: »
    Where has he gone? I'm eating chocolate biscuits and other empty calories. He has left me, how can I persuade him to return? Will a search party help? I am becoming desperate. Please![W/quote]

    I found that Will Power and Motivation was the same dude.