Car snack ideas needed

healthymomma14
healthymomma14 Posts: 9 Member
Around 11a I'm in my work truck making a 2hr round trip. I need snack ideas that are easy to handle so I can eat and drive. I usually do chips or cookies but I'm needing to do better for myself and need healthy ideas.

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Nuts... Protein bar.. fruits.
  • sheloves89
    sheloves89 Posts: 88 Member
    Maybe a protein shake? They're easy to drink while you're driving, and the right kind will fill you up nicely, even though they don't seem very substantial. =]
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    String cheese-Turkey or sliced meat wrapped in low cal tortilla or lettuce-fill baggie with popcorn few pretzels, raisons and few nuts. boiled eggs-laughing cow cheese or cheese spread on few crackers. I always keep protein bars and turkey jerky in car.
  • healthymomma14
    I leave home at 7a so I need things I can throw in my bag or the fridge at work and grab on my way out at 11. I usually eat at 6:30a and lunch between 2-3. I need to find thing that will keep my body fueled and filled until lunch
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Cheese, peanut butter crackers, smoothie, nuts, berries or other fruit.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Beef jerky, popcorn
  • ninasandlin10
    ninasandlin10 Posts: 2 Member
    Lara bars the blueberry ones have no added sugar it's all fruit and it's delicious
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Dates stuffed with nut butter are one of my fave road snacks. takes a long time to consume one, the flavor stays around a long time afterwards, and there is minimal mess ( a little sticky to lick off the fingers is all).
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Jerky...but I'm curious as to why you need road snacks for a 2 hour drive.

Sounds like boredom to me, same as the cinema thing which has got to be habit. No one needs to down 3,000 cals in one sitting.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member

My guess is she said it's around 11am - so two hours around that time does dip into the lunch hour. Depending on how early her breakfast is, this can get to a time where you're starting to deal with hanger...for me anyway!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member

My guess is she said it's around 11am - so two hours around that time does dip into the lunch hour. Depending on how early her breakfast is, this can get to a time where you're starting to deal with hanger...for me anyway!

That would make sense. I'm just not much of a snacker, so I always find the snacking posts kind of odd. Not a big deal when you're calorie counting, but I think regular and mindless snacking and feeling the need to snack all the time is a big reason so many people are overweight.
  • placeboBL
    placeboBL Posts: 62 Member
    If I were in the same situation, I would just eat a larger breakfast or lunch. But jerky or some sort of whole food bar (RX Bars, Epic Bars, Lara Bars, KIND Bars) would all be good choices as well.
  • healthymomma14

Because I eat breakfast at 6:30a and don't get lunch until 3 or so.
  • healthymomma14

Sounds like boredom to me, same as the cinema thing which has got to be habit. No one needs to down 3,000 cals in one sitting.

Actually, it's because I eat at 6:30a and then lunch after 2 or 3.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I like to keep a bag of nuts or jerky in my car. I especially like the Salt & Vinegar flavored almonds.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    A piece of fruit
    Raw veggies
    Protein bar
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Fibre 1 90 calorie bars work for me. I also second string cheese.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    I second fibre one bars. You get a little sugar hit but its also filling due to the fibre