Please help

Options
Hey all you weightloss gurus:)
I hope you have som advise for me!
I've been at 240 pounds for a loooong time.
7 weeks ago I started the c25k runnings program AND eating properly, cutting out sugar, and all sorts of fat snacks.
I have lost 4 pounds, that's all!!
Then I found MFP and started logging. I've only been here...like a week or so, I logg food, I keep my calories (I think) and...nothing...nothing happens.
One would think that when the starting weight is 240 (!) the pounds would fall off like crazy in the beginning...but no.
I am NEVER giving up, but I would like to see some changes in the better direction.
I've decided to start the fitness blender 8 week program, to gain some muscle as well.

Does anyone have some good advice?

Oh....and I have Pcos, which doesn't make things easier!

Replies

• gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I don't understand why this is happening....I looked at 2 of your days....
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:

-Looks like you've only tracked for a week. Give it a little more time.
    -Even though you started a week ago, you're either not tracking it all (skipping meals) or just plain skipping meals; track it all and you can see how your choices interact with your weight fluxuations.
    -You aren't tracking water consumption on here, are you tracking it in real life? I know I only lose when I drink tons of water in a day.
    -Could I suggest tracking fiber instead of sugar? I found I was very low on fiber when I started here.
    -You don't have to eat back any exercise calories, but I suggest you eat a few to fuel your jogging. It doesn't sound right but it does work. I totally drag along when I'm not eating enough, it's hard to work out those days.

Last, your food choices make my mouth water. Burger King is OK on occasion, looks like you had it once this week, but mostly healthy cereals and steaks and veggies. Keep it up!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Are you using a kitchen scale to measure your food? Or are you using measuring cups? If you are not using a kitchen scale you are not accurately tracking so pick up a kitchen scale and use it to weight ALL food. Only use measuring cups for liquids and drinks. Make sure you are measuring everything and not eyeballing anything. Make sure you track everything you eat and drink... everything.

Are you tracking everything? Looks like either you are missing things or you are skipping meals. Also, it looks like you've only been tracking for a week. You need to give it more time than that. Weight loss takes time... a lot of time.

Up your vegetables, lean meats... lower any processed foods... increase water intake... get your exercise in and change up your exercise now and again. Make sure you lift heavy weights along the way as when you lose weight you will lose muscle along the way. Lifting, a smaller deficit, and a higher amount of protein will help retain muscle. Unfortunately you cannot build muscle while losing weight.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    4 lbs in 7 weeks is actually fine. It's maybe not as fast as you'd hope when you're starting at 240, but given that you have PCOS, it's really fine.

You've only been logging calories a week, so honestly, give it more time.
    Even though you started a week ago, you're either not tracking it all (skipping meals) or just plain skipping meals
    ^This is true. What do you mean that you're keeping to your goal (you think)? Are you weighing and measuring all your food and logging absolutely everything? A lot of the weights of your foods seem to be round numbers (eg. 20g, 50g) - are you actually weighing those out, or are you guessing?