KETO

Options
2»

Replies

• dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I started to reduce inflammation- especially from arthritis. It has helped tremendously. Moving around with minimal pain will keep me eating this way. I also believe I was starting to develop insulin resistance- I was training hard 6 days a week and eating 1600 calories and gaining abdominal fat. My waist is getting smaller and my energy is increasing and I am down to 2 HIIT workouts a week with easy cardio (often a brisk walk) on the other days. No more DMOS and I am getting more toned. I am eating way more leafy greens now (I hate veggies so I always struggled eating enough), reducing my protein intake, and eating good fats which keep me satiated- I no longer get ravenously hungry.
    It is working for me- my doctor is a huge advocate which helps.
  • azzeazsaleh5429
    azzeazsaleh5429 Posts: 77 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    For me i tried but revert to low carb because im not giving up vegtables and some low glycemic fruits. I average around 60 grams carbs. I am always in ketosis according to daily ketone readings anyways.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Generally speaking, unless a ketogenic diet is based on bulletproof coffee, beef jerky, and cheese strings, it is generally just as nutritious as a WFPB based diet that also skips sugars and refined carbs; possibly (probably) more nutritious if it does not skip those foods.

Is this based on any analysis or is it just your personal opinion?

Which bit?

Are you feeling that a typical keto diet based on meat , seafood, eggs, dairy, nuts, seeds, olives, coconut, vegetables and low GL berries is worse than a diet that is WFPB that also excludes sugar and refined carbs like keto does?

Or are you questioning whether a typical keto diet based on meat , seafood, eggs, dairy, nuts, seeds, olives, coconut, vegetables and low GL berries is worse than a diet that is WFPB that includes sugar and refined carbs?

Generally speaking, the keto diet does not require supplementation but WFPB diet would.

Zoe Harcombe did an interesting analysis of the nutrition in the EAT Lancet diet, which is mainly plant based, and it required supplementation. I am sure there is variation between diets and some are more nutritious than others, wfpb and keto.
    http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2019/01/the-eat-lancet-diet-is-nutritionally-deficient/
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Keto works for me, combined with IF. There are people who have maintained keto diets for years on r/keto. Keto isn't as inflexible as some pretend. For example, it's easy to get a double bacon cheeseburger without condiments or a bun, and if you're feeling adventurous most places have low carb salads too (maybe lay off the dressing). If you do keto OMAD like I sometimes do, you feel really satisfied.