Basement, gym, park or other

Options
2»

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I walk outside twice a day with my dog - usually 2-3 miles. I run mostly outside, but also on a TM in the basement if the weather is bad. I do that 5 days a week. I have a stationary bike in the basement for cross training. I have some light weights and yoga and exercise dvds that I also use for cross training.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I turned my den into a gym and have the equipment I need to run the lifting programs I like, such as PHUL, and get in some cardio. Sometimes I run outdoors and we have a pool for some additional cardio.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,415 Member
    Options
    I walk, outside. We have no basement, so when I start lifting (soon, hopefully) it will have to be a gym. We live in a 4 bedroom house that has an office. Lots of room you think. 3 kids (4th at college, hope sporadically) so no spare bedrooms, my husband works full time from home (the office) and our garage houses 2 cars, bikes, hockey and lacrosse gear, lawnmower, wheelbarrow, power tools, etc.

We literally have nowhere to set up a home gym. My kids do have, and use, a doorway pull up bar and we own a medicine ball and resistance bands and a battle rope. Fine for things but not heavy compound lifts, lol
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I walk all over, and strength train in my basement. If I can't get outside to walk, there's a glider in the basement too.
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I walk and run outside, but I live near Phoenix and part of the year it gets too hot for me unless I'm up before the sun. I have a treadmill and weight bench upstairs, but in the summer we keep it kinda toasty up there. I've been debating a gym membership for months, just can't seem to push the button on that when I can workout for free at home.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Running - outside, as much as possible
    Cycling - ditto
    Weight training - gym
    Midnight dumbell training due to schedule - living room
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, in my livingroom
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    C2 rower in family room/kitchen.
    LeMond spin bike in foyer/living room.
    Olympic quality wt "room" in garage.
    Battle ropes, wt sled, tractor tire & sledge hammers in backyard.
    3-10 mile hikes in local parks.