Shocked by my breakfast!

Options
So today marks my 2nd day of moving from Slimming World to mfp. I had one of my usual breakfasts and it came to 329 calories! Can I get some lower calorie breakfast suggestions? I'm not a big fan of cereal or many fruits

Replies

• greensky777
    greensky777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to skip breakfast altogether and try to just have black coffee for my morning. I'm on week two of trying intermittent fasting, eating between noon and 8 pm. So far, it has been pretty easy. But to respond to what you asked, I think 2 eggs scrambled with arugula, salt, pepper, and some fresh garlic is pretty good. With butter for frying it comes in at about 200 calories.
  • tashytales
    tashytales Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like to skip breakfast altogether and try to just have black coffee for my morning. I'm on week two of trying intermittent fasting, eating between noon and 8 pm. So far, it has been pretty easy. But to respond to what you asked, I think 2 eggs scrambled with arugula, salt, pepper, and some fresh garlic is pretty good. With butter for frying it comes in at about 200 calories.

Thanks, that does sound pretty good, I love eggs
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    tashytales wrote: »
    So today marks my 2nd day of moving from Slimming World to mfp. I had one of my usual breakfasts and it came to 329 calories! Can I get some lower calorie breakfast suggestions? I'm not a big fan of cereal or many fruits

What were your expectations? My typical range is between 400 and 490 but sometimes a bit lower or a lot higher if we do something special.

What is the total daily calorie allowance MFP calculated for you? What is your starting weight and target loss per week?
  • swissbrit1964
    swissbrit1964 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

What were your expectations? My typical range is between 400 and 490 but sometimes a bit lower or a lot higher if we do something special.

What is the total daily calorie allowance MFP calculated for you? What is your starting weight and target loss per week?

Thats the best reply...... as everyones goals are different..... I am inactive due to an injury so I have to keep my calories low....... but I prefer moving more, eating more and still losing ;)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    329 calories is what I would consider a low calorie breakfast. My usual breakfast is 400-500, which I consider a normal amount to spend on breakfast. Unless you are trying for a huge lunch or dinner like I do sometimes, make sure your daily calorie goal is not too low. It's very common for dieters to believe that 1200 calories (or even less in some cases) is an appropriate goal when it's only appropriate for a very small group of people.
  • tashytales
    Options
    Thanks everyone, my daily calories are 1,200. I don't really know what I was expecting really, but this just seemed quite high. Coming from Slimming World I don't really know much about the calorie side of things, I've tried doing some research but I'm not sure where to look
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, my daily calories are 1,200. I don't really know what I was expecting really, but this just seemed quite high. Coming from Slimming World I don't really know much about the calorie side of things, I've tried doing some research but I'm not sure where to look

What is your height and current weight, goal weight, and how much are you trying to lose each week?
  • tashytales
    Options
    I'm 5ft3, 12st9 and my goal weight is 9 stone. I just want to lose every week, I don't really have a weekly target
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    I'm 5ft3, 12st9 and my goal weight is 9 stone. I just want to lose every week, I don't really have a weekly target

Have you input your stats into MFP? Just wondering how you came up with 1200 calories per day. :)
  • tashytales
    Options
    Yeah I put them all in. 1,200 was the number it gave me, should it be different?
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    Ah apparently I accidentally set my weekly loss goal to 2lb a week, it's now at 1,390

That sounds more like it. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

What's your calories goal? 300 cals isn't bad for a meal?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    glad you reduced the rate of loss and got a better calorie goal.

it is important to note everyone is different. many skip breakfast successfully as that works for them. I'm the opposite, I NEED a solid breakfast. 330 is about what i stick to (now at 1400 cals/day - plus exercise cals). It's key to find what works for you over time :)

I eat steel cut oats and fruit.