JUDDD & Intermittent fasting...

Options
Hi Guys..

I've been all over the place with dieting this year and keep failing miserably because I suffer from binge eating/emotional eating and have had a lot going on (ill health etc,.) I've heard so much about intermittent fasting and have been reading Dr.Johnsons book.

I wanted to know if anyone has had any success and how you feel it's sustainable long term which is what I feel calorie restriction or low carb etc isn't viable in that way!

Also if anyone is interested in starting with me....???

Have a look at the website to work out your Up day & Down day calories http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com

For me - Up days = 2004 & Down days = 401

I'm going to start with tomorrow as an up day x

Replies

• Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I tried the 5:2 diet which is similar to JUDDD except you just do 2 days a week on the lower calories.

If you follow these plans to the rule (and eat at pretty much maintenance calories on your UP days) then they don't really have any benefits for weight loss over a regular reduced calorie diet. All it does is reduce your calories across the down days to give you your weight loss.

However, some people prefer having severely restricted calories for a few days, if it means they can relax and eat the things they fancy and up to around 2000 calories on UP days.

If it suits you then great, if not, don't beat yourself up about it as it doesn't really offer extra benefit for weight loss over regular set reduced calories each day.

When I tried it (5:2), I surprised myself as I have absolutely no problem with sticking to 500 calories a day, but I then struggled not to binge on the UP days. I'm not too good with having things in moderation, I find it hard to stop at one cookie! lol.

But it works great for some people so good luck with it :)