I feel Hungry all the time.... :-(

Options
swati37
swati37 Posts: 145 Member
hey..
i am working out 6 days a week and doing a lot of heavy lifting and a mix of cardio.. But since the last few weeks i feel hungry all the time....
I dnt feel like starving my body because but i am feeling scared what if i gain because of my eating....

Does this happen to anybody else?? Suggestions are welcome...

Replies

• candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    How close are you to your goal? I should mention that you can probably add another 300-500 calories per day. I'd hit at least 1800 calories, especially if you are exercising on a regular basis (4 or more times a week).

If you are having a tough time, going up to 2000 calories a day, and exercising 5-6 times a week may be a better choice. Do that for a week and report what happens.

Also, make sure you're drinking enough water and taking time to enjoy your food. Don't eat quickly or over the sink. Eat mindfully and with pleasure.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It seems you are not eating enough protein...this makes u feel hungry...Also with that much of exercise you need to eat way more...this is the way for your body telling u that it is not getting required nutrition...with heavy lifting u need proper nutrition to burn fat....calculated your TDEE and eat TDEE-20%....
  • swati37
    swati37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    How close are you to your goal? I should mention that you can probably add another 300-500 calories per day. I'd hit at least 1800 calories, especially if you are exercising on a regular basis (4 or more times a week).

If you are having a tough time, going up to 2000 calories a day, and exercising 5-6 times a week may be a better choice. Do that for a week and report what happens.

Also, make sure you're drinking enough water and taking time to enjoy your food. Don't eat quickly or over the sink. Eat mindfully and with pleasure.

thanks for your reply..
    I am 10 lbs away from my goal weight.. and the last 10 are the most difficult ones... I am trying to net 1200 calories everyday.. and i fail in that too.. 2000 is like huge...
    and another problem is lack if healthy food options.. and den when i feel hungry i eat anything and everything.. lolzzz

Eating slow is what i will defintly try.. coz i am a very fast eater.. . maybe looking for more healthy options and stocking them prior would help.. coz i really dnt want my body to starve..
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    OK, if you think 2000 is too much -- and I don't think it is, but you know your body better than I do -- then I would definitely try 1850 a day. Protein does help make you feel full, so I would make sure to eat at least 3 oz. of protein with each meal or snack.

It's going to be a slow process - maybe 1/2 pound a week - but it will likely stay off. Be patient. Good luck!