Replies

• TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    No. And no such thing as a detox.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I drink it every morning with water. Not sure if it's helping anything but my Dr said it was a good idea.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It's great to add to baby chicken and turkey waterers to perk them up and help support growth and nutrient uptake.
    It's basically baby chick crack.
    It's high in potassium, apparently. Cows like it, too!
    My children like to take it. It's weird, but they do. In a glass, a little bit, and add water. Did you get Bragg's? Raw is best. Enjoy!
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about it too. my sister in law drinks it, but something about drinking vinegar... no matter what you put in front of it never sounded good.
  • The_Gruffalo
    Options
    Works wonders if you suffer from Gout.
  • alyngard
    alyngard Posts: 103
    Options
    I take it in pill form, but only because I heard it helps with circulation. Who knows if it really does though, there are always opposing views on these types of things. I haven't had any bad side effects however, but not any major improvement either. I've been debating on whether or not to purchase another bottle when I'm finished with this one.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    good point... but.. if it does help for acne on skin.. is that not part of detoxing your body? getting rid of waste?

and maybe it does have a healing quality in it for the warts etc, but then.. our outside of body is tougher than our insides, so have to agree there.

makes a person wonder :smile:

I would imagine those are both functions of the acidic ph of vinegar - not some healing or detoxing effect.

Maybe washing your skin with acid removes grease and clears pores?

Maybe the acid irritates warts and makes them go away?

Common "wart removers" are often an acid like salicylic acid (aka compound w) which is also used for acne.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about it too. my sister in law drinks it, but something about drinking vinegar... no matter what you put in front of it never sounded good.

:)

I might have broken taste-buds. Most wine and some ales taste like diluted vinegar to me. So some diluted vinegar satisfies the same (and there are a wide variety of interesting vinegars available).
  • cheriesteenkamp
    Options
    what is adobo
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options

I might have broken taste-buds. Most wine and some ales taste like diluted vinegar to me. So some diluted vinegar satisfies the same (and there are a wide variety of interesting vinegars available).
    You might like kombucha, as it contains a number of acids and tastes a little like vinegar, but fizzy.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I use it in adobo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I love, love, love adobo!! Amazing over some tostadas with beans :glasses:
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really helps with weight loss, but it is tasty. And you want the unpasteurized vinegar with the "mother". I have celiac disease, and I find that if I get glutened, then I take a couple tablespoons and it helps make my stomach less queasy and makes me feel less bloated.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options

You might like kombucha, as it contains a number of acids and tastes a little like vinegar, but fizzy.

maybe. I don't like wine, or booze really. not for years. maybe I could mix it wit ha sparkling water.
  • GKoz004
    GKoz004 Posts: 87
    Options
    well.. if it even helps with detox i would be happy... i bought a bottle.. clear apple cider.. so im gonna finish it and see.. cant harm trying.. :)
    Regular ACV doesn't really have any benefits, you want the Bragg's one. I have finished 2 bottles and noticed no real differences, but it's worth a shot if you wanna try!
  • Frelling_Tralk
    Frelling_Tralk Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lol I tried that a couple of times mixed with honey and water, but I could not bring myself to continue. It tasted absolutely foul and the bits floating in the glass made me gag,