High protein but low calorie?

Options
I need more snack ideas & meal ideas for foods high in protein and low in calorie. I’m having a hard time fitting it in my day while still staying within my calories. I drink protein powder, eat meat, nuts. I know egg whites are pretty low calorie but I’m not a huge fan of eggs.
Help!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    What about cottage cheese or yogurt?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    jerky
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Shrimp cocktail
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    If you dont like eggs, try egg whites in oatmeal. It may sound crazy but it makes the fluffiest, creamiest oatmeal you've ever had. Just look up egg white oats. Other than that theres low fat Greek yogurt, tuna, PB2 or other powdered peanut butter, shakes, brussel sprouts/broccoli...
  • zeke2215
    zeke2215 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Shrimp, cod, and chicken breast work good for me. Maybe ground turkey? And jerky or meat sticks are good snacks :)
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna in water. It's calories are 90% protein.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Deli is my fave go to
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    fish , yams
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of yogurt & beef sticks and jerky! But maybe I’ll try to add canned tuna!!
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Xlivnfree1982 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    PB2?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    If you aren't a huge fan of cottage cheese, there are toppings which can make a big difference, like salsa. I eat it with green jalapeño salsa. Same with yogurt, if you get bored, add berries, or cacao powder, or cucumber and carrot (not all at the same time!)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The fats, frequently included with protein, are adding the extra calories. Skip the nuts.

Pick fat free meats. Try white turkey meat, boneless chicken breasts, tuna packed in water.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Whey protein powder.
  • Siobhan256
    Siobhan256 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Tuna and chicken. With eggs, today I put a spice mix called Zaatar and a little hummus on hard boiled eggs - so good!! Careful with humus because it’s calorie dense.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    My go to is Dannon Light n Lively yogurt + vanilla whey protein + chopped walnuts. You can easily adjust calories by changing the amount of whey protein and walnuts. Nice balance of nutrients and the fats in the walnuts are "healthy" ones with Omega 3.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    PB2?
    @Slivnfree1982

It’s a brand of peanut butter powder...

https://pb2foods.com/
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Raw Pumpkin kernels (seeds) are a great snack and full of protein. 1/3 of a cup has 19g of protein and only 260 calories. Mixed with 3/4 cup plain 2% fat SKYR type yogurt and you have a whopping 40g of protein in 370 calories. That should definitely fill you up!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Dilvish wrote: »
    Raw Pumpkin kernels (seeds) are a great snack and full of protein. 1/3 of a cup has 19g of protein and only 260 calories. Mixed with 3/4 cup plain 2% fat SKYR type yogurt and you have a whopping 40g of protein in 370 calories. That should definitely fill you up!

I have cottage cheese and seeds for a snack frequently, but seeds don't really have a great protein bang for the calorie buck due to the fat calories. I'd have chicken breast, certain types of fish, or cottage cheese instead.