150ish to lose; looking for friends

Options
I am a stay at home mom of 3 human kids (one with severe special needs) and lots fur and feathered babies, married for 19 years, and we have a small farm. I love crafts, gardening, and reading. I was 301 pounds when I weighed myself this morning (not my highest) and am looking for active friends who are optimistic and motivational! Feel free to add me!

Replies

• prairiemeadow
    prairiemeadow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cheryl, married for 46 years, 2 children, 10 grandchildren and 7 great-grandchildren. I love quilting, music and reading. I have had a weight problem since I was 8. With a lot of hard work, I finally got down to 135 lbs my senior year in high school. Got married, had kids, husband always gone in the military and I comforted myself with food. Long story short, I have lost 100 of pounds over the years to just put back on and them more. Found myself in my 50’s weighing over 400 lbs. lost 20 lbs with Weight Watchers, then it was loose a little and then gain it back. I finally made the decision to have Gastric Sleeve surgery. Best decision I ever made, just wish I would of done it 15 years ago. I had lost 151 lbs, but gained 29 lbs since the death of my mother. I got back on track three days ago, and am down 6 lbs.
    I’m here to offer support to you, anything that will help you. I learned that I was doing some things wrong, since I was on a weight stall for a year! I now eat my 3 oz of protein (chicken, pork, beef, eggs or fish) first, if I’m still hungry, I have a vegetable. If I have quinoa, sweet potato, etc, it only 2 Tbs. I still have a journey to reach my goal of 130 lbs. Looking forward to spring so I can get out and ride my glide cycle, walking just kills my lower back and hips, but still get out daily to walk.
  • mherwig1
    mherwig1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Happy to help - 47 years of age, I sued to weigh 324, I also had the sleeve 5 years ago - agree with Cheryl, best decision ever.
    Still it's not a quick fix - still a lot of work to be put in.
    I got down to 200 and currently 216 as I have been doing weight training for the past 3 years.
    I live in Western Australia and am currently doing a keto diet - trying to lose a bit to the stubborn stuff.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Everyone lets Do this Journey! my name is April! my highest weight was 258 when preparing for my sleeve surgery which was Oct 2017 and now weighing in at 170! I stay active at the gym despite work, school and raising a 16 year old son single. I wish everyone the best luck on successful weightloss! :)