Feeling discouraged.

Options
I am feeling so discouraged! I start tracking calories again wanting to lose 15 lbs. I’ve consistently tracked/weighed my food & have stayed active & working out. My job is extremely active & I also was doing lots of cardio for awhile. The month of December I lost 4lbs & the month of January I lost 1.8. This month I am currently up and down. I will go up to 180 & then back to 179. My lowest this month was 178.8. I am so frustrated & overwhelmed & part of me is wanting to give up. It seems like I just can’t lose this weight. :(

Replies

• JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. When the weight is coming off it feels great! Once it stops or slows it gets hard. Did you run your numbers on this site to come up with the best daily calorie count goal for weight loss? What type of foods do you eat? The tracking you do should indicate if you are high in calories, low in fiber, etc. You may need to think outside of the box on the eating. Do you eat out a lot? If so, restaurant food is typically higher in calories, fat and salt then what is indicated. I'm just throwing guesses out there. Maybe rethink your strategy. I hope this helps. I hope others provide good feedback for you as well. Do you have more specifics on what you eat/how you eat, etc?
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    sometimes you eat too much and don't realize it, I do low carb and it helped me a lot but I think you have to find your thing that works.
  • Saskatchebun
    Saskatchebun Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I would suggest running your numbers as someone suggested and also start weighing your food. Its not askhch a pain as it sounds and its really eye opening even if we think we are eyeballing amounts correctly. Even an extra tbsp of peanut butter a day can add up to hundreds of calories a week. You're doing AWESOME with your exercise and healthier lifestyle and being consistent with that, keep it up and see what's happening diet wise. Good luck!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is more like doing a marathon instead of a sprint. And if you quit, you'll never lose the weight. Hormones, water retention, food weight can all mask actual weight loss. And with this little to lose, it will be very slow.

Double check your logging--are you weighing everything? Including pre-packaged food like frozen dinners and things that come in their own packages like slices of bread, pieces of cheese, and eggs? Are you double-checking the entries in the database to make sure they're accurate?

A weight-trending app might help you. If you weigh yourself daily, in about a month, the algorithm will predict where your weight trend is heading (up, down, steady) and you can adjust accordingly. It helped me understand better how my TOM impacted my weight, how certain dinners (high sodium) affected me, and what different workouts looked like the next day. Took all the anxiety and mystery of the scale out for me. Happy Scale is for iPhone and Libra is for Android. They're free.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I’ve still got 40 lbs to lose and since 4 th Han I’ve been up and down the same 1.5 lbs and weigh the same in the last 6 weeks before that I lost 32 lbs and 50 inches in 21 weeks. All that changed was I changed up my exercise to higher impact cardio

What was your weight history before this ? Have you ever been very over weight ?
    Have you yoyoed weight ?

Me I’m struggling as I do weigh and measure all what I eat and drink mine inky stopped coming off when I changed exercise so I’m abit list like you as if we know we are strict people telling us we are not really makes us feel sadder
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    when my weight loss slowed and I was really doing a great job eating right. I stopped weighing myself.. why? Just because I knew I'd get discouraged and I didn't want to quit. I was six pounds from my illusive "goal weight". So, I kept with my eating plan and exercise and just forged ahead and lived my life. I did start getting smaller, I could tell by how my shorts and blouses fit.

So..if the number on the scale is making you almost blow the 1/3 of weight you've lost.. step off..and keep moving ahead. you can do this!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings