Suggestions Needed for my Fitness Type

Options
Pinkturnip
Pinkturnip Posts: 21 Member
I’m a female in my late 30s. I’ve always been athletic but I suck in body conditioning and strength based training. I’ve never been overweight but my body has a tendency to store hidden fat which is why cardio is important to me (I think).

Someone here suggested I read Strong Curves to start strengthening my body and I’m so grateful cuz that book changed my life. I never thought I could lift more than 2 kilos and now I can lift up to 13kg. Plus my body toned really nicely.

Aside from that, I’m also doing HIIT based training and today I tried kick boxing.

I find that I’m someone who’s more talented I’m running, dancing, stretching, and surprisingly kick boxing. Anything fast that demands moving super fast or choreography and remembering moves or dance sequences comes natural to me. Anything slow that demands slow movements plus lifting weight or holding weight is a NIGHTMARE to me.

So I’m wondering what else I can experiment with. I haven’t tried kick boxing professionally but I’m wondering if I can do more of that instead of just strength training?

I guess I’m asking people with experience or someone that can relate to me to give me ideas?

Thanks in advance.