Can any nice person work out my calorie intake to lose 1.5 lbs a week please ?

Options
size102b
size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
edited February 2019 in Getting Started
Hi I have yoyo dieter all my 32 adult years
But
Last year I told myself off and started WW
I lost 32 lbs in 21 weeks using weight watchers plan and walking 6-7 miles every day.
Then beginning of January I added in 2 Zumba classes a week and c25k 3 times a week and some weights in the gym.
Since then I have been yoyoing 1.5 lbs off and on but since 4th Jan 6 weeks I’m the same weight.
I have tracked weighed measured everything I’ve had full health checks as I’m 50 this year all normal thank goodness so it must be what I’m eating 😡

I have used mfp years on and off for years and my calories set up as 1520 mfp gave me. I don’t eat exercise calories x

Would anyone help me find what I should be having as it can’t be right ? Or I’d be losing weight.

I’m female
Aged 49
5 foot 2 inch
I walk 5 miles a day
Do 2 high impact Zumba classes a week
I do c25k 3 times a week on a treadmill week 4 atm
I do weights a little twice a week.
I weigh 184 lbs
My highest weight was 244 lbs
My weight when I started this time was
216 lbs on 13 th August 2018
Since August I have lost 50 inches ( 3 dress sizes )
I’m a US size 10 a UK size 14

Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So you decided not to try what MFP gave you for 6 weeks, like we discussed in your other thread?
  • size102b
    Options
    So you decided not to try what MFP gave you for 6 weeks, like we discussed in your other thread?

Yes but I don’t know what I should put in for activity level hence the post :)

Thanks
  • size102b
    Options
    jmnicholas wrote: »
    I suggest you go back to the goals section on your profile, and update it - I am about 170lbs, and a little taller than you, and I find that my calorie intake needs to be around 1350 in order to lose weight about 0.5 lb per week - I have a sedentary job, so I put in sedentary and then I log all specific activities - e.g. Zumba or running, but not walking (unless it is a fell walking hike!). I do eat back some of my exxercise calories (after exercising for 2 hours, some of that energy needs to be replenished!), but generally not all of them.

Okay thanks I am active I don’t drive and am on my feet a lot so 1350 is low for 184 lbs and quiet active ?
  • size102b
    Options
    Same answers as your last post 4 days ago? Give it more time.

It's not what you're eating it's your patience that is the problem.

Okay well I still don’t know what my calories should be as inside in what activity level to put in and did youbrelaky check to see what and when I last posted 😂😂

• size102b
    Options
    Same answers as your last post 4 days ago? Give it more time.

It's not what you're eating it's your patience that is the problem.

6 weeks is quiet patient I think
    I’ve been the same weight for 6 weeks on 1200-1300 calories a day at 184 lbs and active I feel.
  • dawnymo1
    dawnymo1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Hi I have yoyo dieter all my 32 adult years
    But
    Last year I told myself off and started WW
    I lost 32 lbs in 21 weeks using weight watchers plan and walking 6-7 miles every day.
    Then beginning of January I added in 2 Zumba classes a week and c25k 3 times a week and some weights in the gym.
    Since then I have been yoyoing 1.5 lbs off and on but since 4th Jan 6 weeks I’m the same weight.
    I have tracked weighed measured everything I’ve had full health checks as I’m 50 this year all normal thank goodness so it must be what I’m eating 😡

I have used mfp years on and off for years and my calories set up as 1520 mfp gave me. I don’t eat exercise calories x

Would anyone help me find what I should be having as it can’t be right ? Or I’d be losing weight.

I’m female
    Aged 49
    5 foot 2 inch
    I walk 5 miles a day
    Do 2 high impact Zumba classes a week
    I do c25k 3 times a week on a treadmill week 4 atm
    I do weights a little twice a week.
    I weigh 184 lbs
    My highest weight was 244 lbs
    My weight when I started this time was
    216 lbs on 13 th August 2018
    Since August I have lost 50 inches ( 3 dress sizes )
    I’m a US size 10 a UK size 14

Thanks

You have come a long way and I can understand wanting the scale to move. Perhaps change up your foods we all get stuck in eating the same thing (if you have not done so already) It seems like a lot of activity for your caloric intake maybe eat some of the exercise calories it may help to jumpstart your loss again. Good luck
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    jmnicholas wrote: »
    I suggest you go back to the goals section on your profile, and update it - I am about 170lbs, and a little taller than you, and I find that my calorie intake needs to be around 1350 in order to lose weight about 0.5 lb per week - I have a sedentary job, so I put in sedentary and then I log all specific activities - e.g. Zumba or running, but not walking (unless it is a fell walking hike!). I do eat back some of my exxercise calories (after exercising for 2 hours, some of that energy needs to be replenished!), but generally not all of them.

Okay thanks I am active I don’t drive and am on my feet a lot so 1350 is low for 184 lbs and quiet active ?

Yes that seems low if you are actually on average eating at that level over an extended period of time.
    Making your food diary public would help as the #1 issue is people aren't actually eating what they think they are eating due to poor logging accuracy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Yes but I don’t know what I should put in for activity level hence the post :)

Thanks

We talked about that in the other post too.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice but you look fantastic for 49. You must be doing a lot right.