Any Teachers out there?

2»

Replies

• christy_d87
    christy_d87 Posts: 6 Member
    I teach kindergarten and I just logged back in to this site yesterday. I have been on WW for over a year and am gaining and losing the same 10 lbs over and over again. I need to lose about 60 lbs. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend!

I’ve done WW for years but this new program is horrible - I truly mean that. I have done nothing but gain weight on it and i feel like it ruined my metabolism (seriously). Back to counting calories and increasing purposeful movement.
  • christy_d87
    christy_d87 Posts: 6 Member
    Speech teacher here - going into my 9th year...stay strong!!
  • voncovenhoven
    voncovenhoven Posts: 25 Member
    I am a 56 yo high school teacher. I am hypothyroid and literally need to drop into the 600 calorie range in a normal diet to lose 1 lb a week. So it’s a struggle bus for me. I am trying Keto, day 2. I definetly could use some weight loss buddies! Feel free to friend me. I’d love to share the craziness that is keto. Oh, I am looking to loose 40 lbs, I don’t know if that matters.
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    teacher here too :) add me if youd like! (before school starts back up! haha)
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Married to a former teacher. Teachers are fun to be around but boy they’re sure bossy - occupational hazard? [ducking for cover]
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    edited July 2019
    My school started back up today :/ high school teacher here. I lost 10 pounds over the past few months and now I’m toning and doing maintenance. True test is a new school year not killing habits. But proud I ate well and even though I was exhausted and just wanted a nap-I still hit the gym. That’s a big step from 6 months ago.

I also have thyroid issues and an autoimmune disorder. Add away! (The tool isn’t allowing me to add anyone as friends right now...so please add for me!)
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    I was an aid teacher. Totally enjoyed my job, I am hoping to get back in and do more. I love working in with the main stream of teachers and helping students achieve things there dreams and seeing them get further than they expected.
    The look on their faces when they achieve great results and, or receive awards they never expected.
    I have had to have a break from this job due to my personal life has made a major turn for the better but theres been a heavy process working through it so I've been give some time off.

In the meanwhile I enjoy the company of teachers, listening and leaning, keeping up with what's current.

Wish all here the very best! :)
  • wildbutterfly777
    wildbutterfly777 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm an individual aide in an elementary school, my student has Autism and is going into 5th grade and I've been with her since her 1st grade year! I love what I do! I'm also hypothyroid, probably Hashimoto's but my doc doesn't like extra testing unless absolutely necessary and I'm okay with that. I'm just getting started again! I'm 37 and my goal is to lose 60 lbs! I would love to add some new friends since all my local friends have stopped using the app.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    TEFL teacher here. I have hypothyroidism and a few intolerances. Feel free to add me :)
  • langel89
    langel89 Posts: 56 Member
    Pre-K teacher here. This is my 3rd major attempt at losing weight— past 2 times I lost 30 lbs but gained it all back. So here we are again. Now in my 30s and my body hurts and losing energy to have with my little ones.
    Feel free to add me. Looking for motivational friends that post often.
  • saddkatt
    saddkatt Posts: 1 Member
    Special ed teacher here. I'm hypothyroid as well. The only way I can lose weight is by staying under 900 calories, which just isn't doable. I'm on day 2 of keto...hope it has some effect, since I'm about at the end of my rope.
  • tweekedgirl
    tweekedgirl Posts: 114 Member
    I'm a uni lecturer, and I find it easy to stay on track during the summer holidays, but a bit concerned of keeping a good routine once term starts again next month. Looking for some friends in similar situations for motivation, feel free to add me! :)
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    I'm a uni lecturer, and I find it easy to stay on track during the summer holidays, but a bit concerned of keeping a good routine once term starts again next month. Looking for some friends in similar situations for motivation, feel free to add me! :)

Same! And I’m going through that now in the first week back!

• amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Always up for new friends too! I am a high school teacher. I am down 27lbs and have another 35-45 to go!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    6th grade English and social studies. Plus, you joined MFP on my birthday, so we HAVE to be friends!
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    I’m a 2nd grade teacher as well. At my highest weight and need support to keep me on track the right way. Feel free to add me !!