Started keto today and i Need friends

So i started keto today. Im 33 years old and 266 lbs only 5'3. Im serious about losing weight and i really want to do this but im scared Ill fail because i have no one but myself to hold me accountable and im still learning keto. Ive researched for weeks and i still have alot to learn but i wanted to start. So its day one of a new lifestyle.

Replies

• Skalena26
    Skalena26 Posts: 1 Member
    I am also 33 started Jan 1st at 260 and am currently at 241.8. I have never felt better and this life is sustaianable. Yesterday was my first “cheat day” I feel horrible! Since I was fat adapted and feeling my best self my wonderful Valentines date dinner just wasn’t worth it. I’ve learned a lot of tricks and follow a lot of youtubers if you want any info or if you want to be friends
  • 19Rie
    19Rie Posts: 2 Member
    You’ve got this, Betsy! Starting is the first step. I’m learning that the combination of Keto and intermittent fasting is the right fit for me. Intermittent fasting alone has given me a ton of energy, cleared up my skin and improved my focus and mental clarity. I started by reading (actually listening) to the books “the obesity code” by Dr Jason Fung and “delay don’t deny” by Gin Stephens to learn about intermittent fasting. I made the decision to jump start my body into Ketosis by fasting. Now that I am officially in Ketosis, I am looking forward to a great Keto meal this evening. I also enjoy the “delay don’t deny” podcast. I’ve found the Dr. Jason Fung and Megan Ramos blogs & podcasts to be extremely supportive during this journey. Just discovered another helpful source today: “The Empowering Neurologist” Dr. David Perlmutter. Very informative blog and podcasts. Listened to him interview Dr. Anna Cabeca, and that made me want to read her book “The Hormone Fix”. As Skalena26 said, there are also a ton of helpful YouTube resources, but the one I mentioned are my favorites to date.