Newbie in the UK

Options
Hello!

I've just downloaded this app to my mobile (and then ventured on this site). raving reviews and so far it is super easy to use!

It's good to make new friends and I think I'll need as much motivation as possible.

I've just calculated my calories for today and i have 117 left for today! out of my 1200 - breakfast, lunch and a snack has decimated my daily goal! Any advice on measurements, meal recipes etc would be fantastic!! :)

Replies

• JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been using MFP since January - lost 1 1/2 stone in the first few months but have been AWOL for a while so I am now trying to get back on track and lost the final half a stone. I am on the 1200 as well and I think the first few days it can be hard to stick to it, so if you need to start at say 1400 and then get to the 1200 after a few days that's ok.

I find I tend to snack quite a bit especially when I'm at work and it eats into my calories a lot leaving me too little for meals even if they are healthy snacks, so I am trying to fill up at mealtimes, keep busy in between and not snack so much. I manage to keep within my calories much better when I am not at work as I am too busy with the children to think about food!

I recently discovered rice cakes are quite a good snack as they are very low calorie but fill me up more than fruit. I have changed from white rice to brown as it is way lower in calories and if I am having a day where my calories get used up early on in the day, I tend to have a jacket potato for dinner instead of a bigger meal. Or last night I had grilled bacon and scrambled eggs for example.

Hope this helps and good luck - how much do you have to lose?

ETA - also don't forget you can earn calories back through exercise, even a short brisk walk can help whenever you can fit it in...
  • Zombie_Sam85
    Zombie_Sam85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm standing just over 11 stone at the moment, hoping to drop that to 10 (starting small i guess). I'm 5'7" so my BMI is fine-ish.
    I work in an office, so snacking on quiet days is a worry. Sometimes a snickers is just too tempting!

Rice cakes is an awesome idea! I will definitely pick some up on my way home later :)

My partner is a big portion size eater, so i tend to have half if not a quarter of what he eats. We do try to stick to healthier options.

Try baked sweet potato, no butter needed to add flavour or fluffiness :) one of my fave dinner options!

Thanks so much for you advice, I'm keeping a little note book for helpful hints and tips :)