Can’t stop eating

Options
Hi everyone, for two years now I’ve maintained a healthy diet, except sometimes I’ll have a bad week, but my problem is I can’t stop eating. When I eat I’m thinking about my next meal, when I’m full and my stomachs bursting I still want to eat, I don’t feel sick or anything though. I’d eat all day if I could. I never feel sick from eating a lot unless it’s like pizza or something super unhealthy or salty that I’ve over eaten. I’m an emotional eater 100% and eat to deal with anxiety as well as boredom. Even when I’m feeling nothing I eat too. How do I stop this? When I’m at home doing nothing, which is a lot lately, I can’t help myself. I eat more then all of my friends, which is no surprise because I don’t know how anyone could eat more than I do.
I’m 18 so does this have anything to do with it? Or will I be this way forever until I sort
It out? I’m not overweight I’m only a size 8, and used to be a size 8-10 when I wasn’t watching what I was eating but eating a lot. I’m having trouble reaching my goals for fitness because of my eating habits. Any one else have the same issue and what helped you? Or what could be causing me to be like this?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    If you're eating because of your anxiety then you need to deal with the underlying condition - i.e. treat the anxiety.

For boredom you need to find a better habit to fill the time, rather than eating.
  • sistrsprkl8097
    sistrsprkl8097 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was the same way at your age and still am sometimes. See a counselor/therapist to talk about this. You can’t eat your feelings for the rest of your life and may start using alcohol/drugs to self medicate instead of food. I know cuz I’ve been there.