Seeking super dedicated supporters to keep me on track!

Options
I **REALLY** need to lose one pound of fat per week for the next 20 weeks. I have large biking goals. I've lost ten pounds over the past year, but have hit a motivation plateau. I stay focused on weight goals for a few weeks, then lose focus and regain/lose it over and over ... hence the plateau...
I want to weight 154 pounds on July 11 and stay at this weight for a long time.

Keep me focused and honest with myself and motivated.

i'll do the same for you.

Check in re: exercise and diet at least once per week plus do more that we agree on.

If you're looking to drop (very close to) 20 pounds while building muscle strength, flexibility and aerobic fitness, and want to do it at the same pace, please join with me in this discussion group. I'm a serious long distance cyclist. Please have a sports/fitness goal (doesn't matter whether hiking or soccer or running or swimming or x-c skiing...) and similar determination so we can keep each other honest, focused, motivated -- ON TRACK!

I'm off to bike now. Looking forward to meeting you soon!
Scott

Replies

• mdreddie
    mdreddie Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I will drop 15 pounds in 4 to 6 weeks by tracking my weight weekly. I am already doing calisthenics regularly (e.g. 100 body weight squats, 100 heel raisers, 50 push ups, 20 pull ups, 50 crunches every morning) and highly recommend it for building endurance as it has helped me at my job profoundly where I am on my feet for 4 hours at a time, circulating between desks, climbing upstairs and downstairs, etc. It has also help improve my 5K time from 28 minutes to 22 minutes. With improved strength and endurance, that will also improve more by June ending.
    I know I will drop 15 pounds between March 19th and April 2nd. I'll keep tracking to monitor the pace and make necessary adjustments.
    Best wishes to us all!
  • KatiesNewGoals
    KatiesNewGoals Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just finished 3 half marathons in 3 months and am in a pause until I begin training for my first marathon in May or June.

My main focus right now is strength training, dropping 10-15 lbs, and getting my nutrition on point. I’m planning on going into marathon training confident and strong. And especially to avoid injury. So I’ll be logging ALL the food, digging into some strength training while maintaining a cardio base, and not ya know..eating cereal for my meals. 😂 lean protein and veggies here I come!

Good luck!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Your bike is your motivation. Put a picture of your bike on the frig!
  • kutekitten80
    kutekitten80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok I been a yoyo dieter have lost but need friends to help encourage me keep going. get stuck then quit and don't want do that. I have 15 lbs to loose
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    10 days shy of using MFP for 5 years.....
  • melissaking572
    melissaking572 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for help and support as well, feel free to add me!
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hi Scott. Looking to drop another 20 pounds and build more muscle. Spent the last 2 summers moving my bike around and not riding. Not a long distance rider but really want to get out and ride once the weather gets better. Currently spending time on the stationary bike at the gym, along with weights and dieting. Feel free to add me if you want.