Easy recipes?

Bobtheangrytomato
Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
I hate cooking, anyone have any good easy healthy recipes?

Replies

• Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Chicken with corn and black bean salsa is easy too. It is a crock pot recipe. A couple of boneless skinless chicken breast (I cut mine into strips), one can of corn, one can of black beans (rinsed) and one jar of salsa. 4-6 hours in a crockpot and dinner is ready
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Roast chicken and a bagged salad.

Preparing roast beef is screamingly easy. Roast once and done. Slice it and prep for many meals to come.

Here is the recipe I use, and I don’t bother with the thermometer.
    https://canadabeef.ca/oven-roast-know-how/

How about Uncle Bens prepared rice with roast beef?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/warm-beef-and-spinach-salad/amp/
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Bagna cauda takes 5 minutes to make is a testament to the culinary genius of the Italian peasant.
    https://umamigirl.com/bagna-cauda-crudites-appetizer/
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    The typical way to finish a bagna cauda meal is to scramble eggs in the last of the sauce.
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    I made this last night. It took about 15 minutes. I sliced the raw irsq2a0u0n3l.jpg
    chicken into strips and cooked it in a deep skillet and then added the rest of the ingredients and let simmer until the tomatoes were starting to blister. I used frozen steam in bag green beans and cooked them in the microwave first.

1 lb(s), Chicken Breast Usda Skinless Boneless
    0.50 cup (63g), Tomato Sauce
    8 oz., Grape Tomatoes
    1 container (12 oz ea.), (Frozen)cut Green Beans(ounces)
    124 g, Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 4.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 244
    Total Fat 6 g 9
    Sodium 467 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 17 g
    Dietary Fiber 5 g
    Sugars 8 g
    Protein 29 g
  • atgnat1
    atgnat1 Posts: 29 Member
    edited February 2019
    Chicken thighs even skinless are higher in calories than chicken breast, but far more forgiving to being accidentally overcooked or reheated. As a bonus they are also CHEAP. (At HEB I get the family pack of ten thighs and cook them all at once for the next few days, they work out to 50 cents each...) Heat up the oven to 375 while removing the skins and adding your seasoning, lay them in a baking pan or cookie sheet and pop them in. They take about 20 minutes and in the meantime just prepare any vegetable to go along with them. I used to eat some variation on this like four days a week.

When I'm making chicken and kale I use a skillet instead of the oven, retain a spoonful of juices when removing the chicken, then just shove a giant wad of kale down in there, add a dash of apple cider vinegar and slam the lid down a couple minutes until it's tender.

Or if you're truly hopeless in the kitchen, can't really beat poached eggs on toast. :)

But I've got dozens of variations of eggs + whatever, they are extremely versatile. Right now I've been making a version of migas with leftover roasted zucchini. (Slice a corn tortilla into strips and heat in a pan with a spritz of cooking spray till crispy, toss in chopped zucchini, green onion, anything really) add in beaten eggs, your seasoning, then top with salsa. Best with cheese too of course but it's not necessary.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,145 Member
    Cooking is just the worst! I streamline it as much as possible. One of my basic go-to's is a chicken breast cooked for about 8 minutes in the air fryer on 325. Season as desired. While the chicken is air frying, heat a bag of frozen vegetables. I tend to pick ones that have some kind of seasoning or sauce. When the chicken is done, put on a plate and dump vegetables on top. Add whatever additional dressings, seasonings or spices you like. I usually get about 2 meals out of one breast and one bag. It's not terribly interesting or exceptionally delicious, but it keeps body and soul together without having to deal with the kitchen misery.