GOOD home DUMBBELL ???

Options
Longshore
Longshore Posts: 221 Member
edited February 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been on the fence for 3 weeks now on what I want to get lol.

Its between Bowflex,Powerblock,and Ironmaster.

Im leaning towards ironmaster because they are more like real dumbbells and will last forever. The down fall on them is there not a quick adjustable dumbell as the other two are.

Powerblock is my second choice but Im not sure they will hold up

The bowflex Ive herd good things on the 552 but not much on the 90lbs ones. Some say there just to long and dont feel right.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated

thanks

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Perhaps this is better suited for the fitness and exercise forum, some you're asking for a product review and not a debate. There's a better chance you'll get some useful responses if this post were in there instead. If you agree, you can click on the report button and select other and ask for the mods to move the past there.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the Ironmaster or Powerblocks. Agree the Bowflex are too long. I've known people that have had Powerblocks for years. No durability issues.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JM8ToT884o
    I would vote for ironmaster (see review video). I do have the bowflex (purchased a long time ago); they are a bit awkward in both grip and balance (somewhat odd shape)
  • ryanmichaelhorn
    ryanmichaelhorn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've had PowerBlocks for 5 years now, and they haven't worn in any way except for the stickers peeling off. Highly recommend.